Windows 7 Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Download Available

I appreciate the service you have provided but after reading the thread there may be some doubt about the download.. I will wait a few weeks..thanks all the same

It would be helpful if all those reporting the "invalid data" error would say (a) which version - x86 or x64; and (b) was MD5 check valid. Also, when exactly does the error occur? While unpacking the exe or during install?

i have KB976902 waiting to be installed.
i will just wait to see what others think first before i go ahead with the updates.
bit32 on desktop & bit64 on laptop. cheers

Invalid Data.

I assure you that the service pack installation does work and is valid. You must perform the following tasks:

Please confirm that both the filesize and MD5 checksum. WinMD5 Free - Windows MD5 Utility Freeware are the same.

If the filesize is not exactly the same as what is listed on the original thread, or if the MD5 checksum is not exactly the same, your download has failed due to packet loss. There are an enormous amount of people trying to download the software simultaneously. We are trying to get a second mirror up now.

I can confirm to you that it does in fact work and is real. The RTM announcement was made today, this was leaked today, and we have sources that have confirmed this. Both x32 and x64 versions are confirmed to be working flawlessly. If you are getting data error messages it is because the download itself may have become corrupted due to lost packets or corruption from the traffic demand and the size of the download. The screen shots below show the Service Pack in use, including important build information.

Here are further articles about the leak:

Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 SP1 reaches RTM, promptly leaked by Russians | GeekSmack

DailyTech - Leak from Microsoft Russia Indicates Windows 7 SP1 Could Air Saturday

Microsoft sends Windows 7 SP1 to OEMs ? The Register

The RTM was sent to retail partners today. This is the same version. We also dealt with this controversy when we were able to acquire Windows Vista Service Pack 1 before it was available on Microsoft.com under winvistaforums.com.

Screenshots showing the SP1 RTM build in use can be seen attached.

All good here... Go to the link I put up , validate your system and you wont have these invalid errors you are seeing.

All good here... Go to the link I put up , validate your system and you wont have these invalid errors you are seeing.

Which one of those links did you download and install first?
I remember that stuff failing on me when I tried to install the BETA :(

Id got to 683gb on the old download link :/ Sigh

Sorry, but we absolutely had to take it down. The service was being completely annihilated and there would be no way to access the site for who knows how long. The fact that you even got to the download was fortunate, as we were bombarded with hundreds of thousands of download attempts from all over the world.

Joe Stackhouse is currently working on providing detailed instructions on how to get the files using a P2P client.

My first thought was download it and try, but the "Download" button doesn't do anything. Then I read a few comments and remembered my own bad experiences with XP Service packs. The usual procedure there was install an early version then reformat and re-install and disable Automatic Updates. This time I think I'll just disable AU for a while.

Sorry, but we absolutely had to take it down. The service was being completely annihilated and there would be no way to access the site for who knows how long. The fact that you even got to the download was fortunate, as we were bombarded with hundreds of thousands of download attempts from all over the world.

Joe Stackhouse is currently working on providing detailed instructions on how to get the files using a P2P client.

Instructions are now up and article edited to be a little more useful. I myself just installed 32-bit SP1 a few hours ago, running well so far. I also ran the Service Pack Cleanup utility and regained 1.2GB of space (yay!).

View attachment 10622

Update my post #29 in regards to the slipstream tool.
The tool worked perfectly to create a viable .iso with SP1 slipstreamed.
The tool has a feature that will allow the user to create either a DVD or a USB flash installer from the newly
created .iso.

I chose the USB flash installer and created a USB flash installer on a 4 GB Cruiser Titanium.

Running the installer on a spare HDD installed Win 7 with SP1 with no issues.

I didn't activate because I didn't want a duplicate install issue.

Checking the properties dialog showed SP1.

Great tool although it is fairly slow. Be patient.

BTW, Josephur mentioned the Service pack cleanup tool but did not provide a link.
Here it is.
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/122262-windows-7-sp1-disk-cleanup-tool.html

Only use if you are satisfied with the SP and don't plan on reverting to the original configuration.

I regained over 1.8 GB Yay!

Installed OK on 4 of 5 HP computers.
Laptop 64 bit, 1 desktops 64 bit, Netbook32 bit and notebook64 bit assorted versions.
One (very clean) Win 7 Home premium 32 bit fails at end when configuring at 15% every time.
Have to power off and restart in safe mode and it reverts back and uninstalls it.
I ran the MX fix to repair all files that MS suggested and still fails at 15% when config the system at end.

Hi rtc,

is the 32 bit fully updated with the latest updates from MS?

rtc,
does the Event log give any indication why the install is failing?

It seems odd that there's nothing from Microsoft about this. If there is, I can't find it; there are only references to RCs and Betas.

Neowin, yesterday:

"Update: Neowin has been contacted by a Microsoft spokesperson. who stated Service Pack 1 has not been released to OEMs.
''Microsoft has not released SP1 to OEMs at this time, though we are on track for a Q1 release, as we previously announced,'' she said.

Update 2: As noted by multiple Neowin commenters, a final or near-final version of Service Pack 1 has been made available via Wzor. The leak, which matches the build string of the alleged final build (7601.17514.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850), weighs in at 638MB for the x64 ''Wave0'' version and 349MB for the x86 ''Wave0'' version. ''Wave0'' releases contain only English, French, German, Japanese, Spanish language files. ''Wave1'' releases containing around 30 additional languages have also been leaked by Wzor.

Microsoft blogger Paul Thurrott reports that the build floating around the internet is ''near-final'', but Service Pack 1 is ''not quite done''. Neowin has requested comment from Microsoft about the leaked builds. "

Back