Windows Vista Windows 7 Ultimate Annoyances No sound and No Internet Access

swamphox

I have two pretty annoying problems with 7 and they are as regular as clockwork and I can not isolate the cause of these problems. The first one is with the network card. Every single time I reboot, on reboot, I loose internet access...not necessarily my network access but definitely internet access and I have to go to the device manager and uninstall the network card and then reinstall. This takes care of the problem 99% of the time.

Next is the audio/sound issue. If for any reason the machine is put to sleep or hibernation or I loose all audio after the machine re-awakes. However, I do get whatever annoying microsoft sound that signifies it is going to sleep or I am having to restart the machine to get the sound to work again. I have to restart the machine to get my sound back only to hear some sound as the machine is going into reboot....drives me insane! All drivers are up to date and I have tried older drivers to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Below are the machine specs.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
System Model: Studio XPS 435MT
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.7GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12280MB RAM
Page File: 5278MB used, 19277MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

Back