Windows 7 Windows 7 Update Disable Wireless Connection: Help

RUinPinehurst

My wife's laptop automatically updated Windows 7 yesterday and it seems to have disabled the wireless networking. Wired connection to internet access is fine. But wireless network connectivity is MIA. Looks like the "Network Adapter" was impacted with the update. Any insights into this and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
apologies as it seems your post was missed in all the madness.. :) Do you still have an issue? Have you tried re-installing the Network/WiFi driver?

Hi,
apologies as it seems your post was missed in all the madness.. :) Do you still have an issue? Have you tried re-installing the Network/WiFi driver?
Still having the problem. It happened right after a Windows 7 update on Wednesday. Not too tech saavy, here. How do we reinstall the network/wifi driver? Thanks for taking the time to assist.

If you post the make and model of the machine in question I can guide you straight to it. You could also try this. Open the control panel, look under hardware for Device manager, in Device manager look for the Wifi component. Right click on it and choose properties, look across the top for Driver click that and then roll back driver. Your driver may have been updated? This will return it to the previous version but in any case post the make and model as I wrote above..

Sorry for the delayed response. It is a Lenovo G570; Model 4334; Windows 7. Thanks in advance for your help. I tried an uninstall and reinstall, but that did not fix the problem. I was not connected to the internet for that attempt, if that matters.

I downloaded the driver via the link. And opened it using the Setup Wizard. Then installed the driver. But then received a mini-window popup that read: "Warning...No Appropriate Driver to be installed." So I'm still lacking Wifi access. Any guidance??? Thanks.

Back