Windows 7 Windows 7 won't boot or reinstall, even with new HD

waynecampbell

roblem description: Windows 7 fails to boot. I was playing a game when I was no longer to input anything (kb/mouse stopped working) although animations and sound continued. I restarted and the windows 7 animation appears, plays for awhile then freezes. I can start in safemode but that's it. Attempting to run the recovery tool gives me a "windows loading" screen then goes to a black screen. On my initial install of windows 7 on a brand new HD a week ago I had no problems getting it up and running.

Attempted fixes: System restore. Last good configuration. Uninstall video drivers. I tried doing a new install but all having the DVD in does is give me "loading windows" screen prior to freezing at the windows 7 animation. I tried putting in a vista disk and I get a similar problem, it hangs at the loading windows animated bar, but without the logo. I even tried putting in a brand new HD and disconnecting the old one and it STILL starts trying to load windows 7 (with the install dvd in), and it will still freeze with the vista disk in. I reinserted the old HD and attempted to do a recovery install but all that did was lock me out of safemode because now when I attempt to access it, i get the message
"Windows can not complete installation in safe mode, please restart."

Unplugging the Hard drive from the mobo and just booting it off the DVD gives me the same problem. It loads windows files, moves to animated screen and freezes there after a few seconds.

Recent changes: No.
--

Operating system: Windows 7 64-bit

System specs: Intel i5-750, Gigabyte GA-P55-UD3R, Radeon 4870, 4 gigs ram, CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

Since it's been only a week, would you be willing to to another install using a different method?

Could you provide a screen shot of Disk management here

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums.

Since it's been only a week, would you be willing to to another install using a different method?

Could you provide a screen shot of Disk management here

I'd be willing to try a different method. I tried installing vista with no luck.

I can't really post a screen shot of anything as I don't really have access to anything other then bios

Do you only have one drive,.?

Is it partitioned.?

Do you need information from the PC>?

Try using GParted............

Gparted......... GParted -- Download

You'll need to burn the ISO. I use Imgburn at its slowest speed n and use a good quality name-brand DVD
Imgburn...The Official ImgBurn Website

Use GParted to delete all partitions and then you can shrink tyhe partition to around 60GB

Place the Windows 7 ISO in the drive adn restart you computer. Let the insatll go through, then once back in Windows go to Start > Run, and type dskmgmt.msc.

Now can now create one or more partitions in the unallocated spacer,'

I usually use two partitions as I always install my 3rd party application yo a different partition]n,, such as Dive D:: or L: whatever it mt be,

Back