Windows 7 Windows 7 x64 Ultimate using only one core of T5600 core 2 duo

Right...for some wierd reason the screenshot with device configurations doesn't want to upload!!
Just wierd!
Everything is enabled except for "virtualization technology" and "HDD translation mode" is bit-shift instead of LBA-assisted, thats it.

Thanks for the piccies.. I don't suppose you have another drive lying around you could at least just try...perhaps? Maybe a friend has one you could use? Just so you could check..

Sorry, working all day...

Thank you for the screenshots. I don't quite see what you mean by "bios seem to want to lag a bit," how does it and how do you know?

I press the right cursor and it takes a while for bios to react. Its not swift!

Why is the virtualization technology disabled?

Thats the default setting, should I enable it?

Have you reinstalled 7 yet?

It takes like 4 hours, so I didn't bother because its not a win7 problem as it seems. or it would install normally.

JaCKo said:
Thats the default setting, should I enable it?

If you enable it won't hurt you, but it won't necessarily resolve the dual-core issue though.

JaCKo said:
This is a "new" drive, it worked fine until the bios upgrade.

I am a little lost here, it's all the pages of this thread I am browsing through right now, has your system ever worked fine with an earlier bios version?

JaCKo said:
It takes like 4 hours, so I didn't bother because its not a win7 problem as it seems. or it would install normally.

If you've done bios upgrade, you should reinstall 7. But of course, first be sure that your bios is good.

~~~~~~~~~~

Run Link Removed - Invalid URL

See what it says about your cpu.

Last edited:
Physically remove the battery and only allow power by wire. A bad or defective battery could be doing something weird. A long shot, but simple enough to try.

I've been swamped with work, sorry for writing back so late!
The battery experiment didn't work, but thanks anyway.

If anyone gets any ideas, please post, I'll try to get in touch with HP about the problem, but otherwise it seems to be a hardware problem. I suppose the motherboard could be fried or something in that direction. Its had its run, time to change up.
Supposedly the AsusG73 is quite a machine, I'm thinking of getting it. Win7 won't have a problem running there.

Thanks again for all your help, if you come up with anything, please post, I'll keep an eye out.

Cybercore, just to answer to your post.

The computer worked fine with an earlier version of bios when it was running on both cores, but that didn't last long, a day. When it restarted I couldn't get the other core going anymore, updated the bios and...well, slow to snail.

And I did reinstall win7 after the bios upgrade, three times, but it spent hours and hours doing it, so I just stopped bothering. the problem with speed happens when I'm installing windows. I tried installing win XP and that was excruciatingly slow, and the system was built for XP, so its almost definitely a hardcore problem. The motherboard I'm guessing.

If you figure out anything, please keep posting, I'll be keeping an eye out.

Well, I went and tried troubleshooting the problem with HP support and they couldn't figure it out either.
You guys did a hell of a job, compared to them.
Thanx again.

I've come to termsand decided it was enough.
I'm scrapping the computer for parts and throwing it away.

Better luck with the new machine.

That's sad to hear Jacko.. Do you have a build list for the new set-up?

No, not yet.
I'll probably get it next month, short holiday first, then a new machine for work ... well, play too of course.

Qapla'
xD

Back