Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Clean Installation Boot Problem

Hello, I am facing a very strange issue. I recently upgraded my Desktop PC with a Gigabyte H97M-D3H motherboard and an Intel Core i5-4590 Processor and a Kingsdom 120 gb SSd.
Then I installed Windows 8.1 x64 Pro at my SSD Drive (IDE mode) and after the successful installation when I turn on the computer the OS is loading in 6-7 seconds but when I click restart from windows, it needs 5-6 minutes to boot (stacking at at first windows screen, the one with the blue flag). The loading circle is appearing after 5-6 minutes in the flag and then in 2-3 seconds it prompts me to the log on screen.
I re-installed windows several times changing almost everything into bios setup menu but the problem is still here.
I also installed windows to another sata 2 drive but problem still exists.
Can it be a motherboard's issue?
Any help will be really appreciated as I am running out of ideas now.
Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum.
My first suggestion would be to go here http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4971#dl
Confirm that the Revision number is identical to your board and then check to see if there is a BIOS update newer than the current one your board is using.
Second.... same place.... select your OS and architecture (32 or 64 bit) and download and install the latest Chipset driver and well as anything having to do with Intel Rapid Storage Technology (which requires .NET 4.5)
The audio and video drivers would be icing on the cake, they both look reasonably new.
Regards
Randy

Hello and thanks for your answer. It appeared to be something wrong in my Windows 8.1 x64 installation DVD. I re-installed windows from an alternative USB Stick (Windows8 x64) and updated to windows 8.1 and the problem solved. Still strange by the way cause i didn't get any errors while installing from my windows 8.1 dvd...What can I say!

I don't think I would run an SSD using the IDE controller mode. I believe it is suggested you use the AHCI controller for compatibility.

Back