Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Pro & Windows 8.1 HomeGroup help needed.

Keith
I know about surgeries after losing a kidney a lung and a tumor in my bladder. I have urinary issues to my pain meds. But time flies and you will be up and at 'em in no time. One day at a time.

Did you get your home group resolved?

Peterr; Mine are definitely adding up. 1st. 8 large kidney stones (4 in each), then a oversized prostate blocking my left kidney. Those are after knowing within 5-7 year's that I'm going to be on dialysis due to protein/microalbumin in my urine due to the diabetes. Yesterday the stones in the left kidney were blasted, a cystoscopy (take scraping from kidney tissue to examinination in the lab) and a kidney/ureter stent were put in. Due to the last one, I'm in the bathroom every 20 minutes. Having a few weird pains from the pain medicine, too. Like if I'm standing and just move a foot to either side 1-2"'s now cause a severe pain for a minute or so. I'm just glad, I'm not the type that let's medical thing's bother me and that I have a high pain tolerance.

Besides, you never know what the medical community comes up with each day. They are always improving. A lot of healthy folks are not going to be here tomorrow and a lot of us sicker ones will out last them.
One day at a time, when you think about it, is the only way to go.

Keith
I hope you are better and feeling up to a question. If not, get your rest and we can talk later.
I have a Dell XPS 8300 and wondered, if I replace the hard drive Seagate(smart), is it just a mechanical exchange or do I have to get involved with any software?
Peter

Peterr. I'm feeling somewhat better. The burning when I urinate is now gone. The day off the surgery forget it. I've had some pains in weird area's. Still have those. Like if I'm standing still and I move a foot one inch to either side, it feel's like a vise is locked onto the baseball's. The pain medication, they gave me, I can't even tell I'm on it. A lot of them don't work on me, though.My leg's are getting tired a lot faster, too. I rode my bike to Wal-Mart earlier. It's maybe 1 1/2 mile's from where I live. By the time I rode 2 block's my leg's were already sore.That and I have to go to the bathroom every 20 - 30 minute's. It all probably has to do with the stent they put in me Wednesday, during the cystoscopy and lithotripsy. I'll get by on those. Now, I'm just wondering what, if anything he's going to do about my enlarged prostate, that's blocking my left kidney. I had the kidney stone's since August 7th. That's when I found out about them. The same doctor did the same repeated test's, until I bitched him out. I had at least 6 or 7 of each test. It got to the point where I had to ask him, what's the point of all these same repeated test's, with no treatment's for their result's being done. That's what it took for the stone's to be blasted finally.

Hey Keith
I am glad you are moving around. Have faith in your urologist. While you are in the middle of something it seems like it will never end but before you know it, it is over.
I know how you feel after so many operations but keep your mind on good things and forget what you may be going through the best you can. If you bump your elbow, it takes a while before the soreness goes away. Our bodies can be tender at times but do heal. Today's pain is tomorrow memory and very vague one.
Keep the faith.
Do you have some one you can talk to about things like a minister, parent, doctor teacher friend?. Sometimes it makes you feel better. Try not to be afraid. We all are afraid but try to think about other things and soon the fear goes away. It is only normal to wonder and worry.
One day at a time does it.
Peter

Yeah, I had a real fun day today. I literally woke up screaming in pain. I went to the emergency room and found out I have a urinary track infection from the stent. They wanted to admit me, but I had to sign myself out, as they wouldn't do any lab test's to find out how my blood sugar from my diabetes is. All the pain killer's, etc. affect my blood sugar and I need to know what it is, so I can tailor my insulin to it. When I got home I called the urologist's on-call office and explained that the 2 medication's he gave me aren't working properly and I had to go to the emergency room. They wouldn't even have the on-call urologist call me.
Yes, I have family and friend's to vent to. Problem is, the health care in my area absolutely stinks. When I lived in New Jersey and California, the health care was top notch. Other than dealing with the military hospital's in New Jersey. They were bad, but not as bad as here in Florida.

I found the health care in FL to be lacking but you can look around for a good hospital even if you have to drive a bit.
Where do you live in FL? I lived in Naples and got my 1st cancer there. Hang in as things will work out.

I'm in Melbourne.
I'm not able to drive, because of health issue's. As far as transportation, I'm kind of screwed. The county run's the bus service. Thus, it doesn't run on holiday's, reduced schedule on Saturday and only 1 bus run's on Sunday. That one isn't near me. They also run a door-to-door bus, but it's worse. You need to schedule a week in advance. I had one a few year's ago where I had a doctor's appointment that was 3 miles away from my house in the north direction. Because it was north they had some b.s. rule to helping me. If the doctor were 5+ miles south, they'd help me.

Melbourne is on the upper east coast. You should Google a hospital that is 5miles a way and then the bus would take you. Is there no family member or relative who could take you now and then? Look up Florida's assistance for the chronically ill and see if there are any programs to assist you.
When I call old friends in FL they tell me a lot of hospitals are moving in to he state. They are big name hospitals like the Cleveland Clinic and the mayo Clinic. Sometimes doctors have an office in the hospital too. Call a few doctors about 12 miles fro you and see if they can either help directly or can refer you.
If you keep asking, you may get some answers. I know it is a lot of work but it is a step in the right direction. Unless you think you are at the level of care you are ok with then it is a different story. It is sort of how you feel about what you want.

As far as family, I have a step-brother in the area. He doesn't have a job or vehichle and still live's with his mom and step-father at 57. Not too reliable. Other family is scattered over the u.s. As far as Florida assistance program's, that one I'd have to look into As far as all of it, I think I've done pretty good for the past 35 year's, since my father passed. I'm the youngest and usually solve everyone else's problem's. When my dad passed away, I had to go from 11 to 18 and look out for my mom.

So you have your Mom to talk with?
Please read my suggestions over if you care to about transportation and doctors.

Kind of, sort of. I don't talk to her about all my health issue's. She's had a heart attack & stroke and I don't want to cause another one or worse over worrying about me. The other suggestion I'll have to look into, possibly later this week. I may go tho the other hospital in my town's emergency room tomorrow, after my appointment with the urologist.

Yes, Keith. If you don't ask you will never know. I would try and find an ear in the hospital and on line. I enlisted on the National Institute of Health's clinical trials for cures and treatments.
If you put your name on you may find some wok being done in you area you could benefit from. Google them. They are located in Bethesda MD but the trials are all over the country.

I'm not getting anywhere fast. I went to the other hospital Tuesday. They admitted me Tuesday A.M. Tuesday evening, I developed another side effect, a serious flu that lasted a few hour's. The same flu came back 2 more time's, the first return was Wednesday morning from like 1 - 3 or 4 A.M. The second return was Wednesday night at around 10:30 P.M. The discharged me this moring with no prescribed medications or any follow up appointment's. They did monitor my blood sugar, but all other care was extremely lacking. They only had a new urologist see me once on Tuesday and a endocrinologist (diabetes} today, before sending me home. I guess I have to re-get my own doctor's and avoid the hospital's. I'm wondering if my issue's are revolved around Obama Care ? If they are we're all in trouble.

Keith
You certainly are having inconsistent care.
I really don't know about the politics; you may be right.
Can you have a consult with your primary care doctor about a game plan and how to achieve it. Ask him about the hospitals too. Maybe they are over loaded.
If you don't like your current doctor try to find one till you are satisfied.
Peter

Hey guys....can we get the thread back on topic or change the venue to PM's or emails about the current subject matter. Thanks.

Last edited:
Peter: I can't figure out how to respond directly to you, since the changes/update's to the forum.

I think you click on the persons logo or picture then on information. I sent a pm the best I could.
@ Bass - We apologize for this portion of the thread.
Peter

Back