Windows Forum Admin
The latest monthly roll up update KB4041693 for Windows 8.1 has been released and the changelog is below
To access the update history of the monthly roll up for Windows 8.1 go here:
October 10, 2017—KB4041693 (Monthly Rollup)
- KB4038774 (released September 19, 2017) and resolves the following issues:
- Addressed issue with docking and undocking Internet Explorer windows.
- Addressed issue with form submissions in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue where Internet Explorer stops responding to a navigation request.
- Addressed issue that occurs in the WebView Control of Internet Explorer in certain scenarios.
- Addressed issue with URL encoding in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue that prevents an element from receiving focus in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue caused by a pop-up window in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue with the rendering of a graphics element in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue in Internet Explorer caused by a redirection link.
- Addressed issue where messages that should be in a non-English language display in English in Internet Explorer.
- Addressed issue where USBHUB.SYS randomly causes memory corruption that results in random system crashes that are extremely difficult to diagnose.
- Security updates to Microsoft Windows Search Component, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Microsoft Graphics Component, Internet Explorer, Windows kernel, Windows Wireless Networking, Windows Storage and Filesystems, Microsoft Windows DNS, Windows Server, Microsoft JET Database Engine, and the Windows SMB Server.
Known issues in this update
After you install KB 4041693, package users may receive an error message that states that an application exception has occurred when some applications are closed. This can affect applications that use mshtml.dll to load web content. This problem occurs only when a process is already shutting down. It does not affect application functionality. Microsoft is working on a resolution and will provide an update in an upcoming release.
How to get this update
This update will be downloaded and installed automatically from Windows Update. To get the standalone package for this update, go to the Microsoft Update Catalog website.
For a list of the files that are provided in this update, download the file information for update