Windows 8 Windows 8 Copy?

JericStudios

So, my laptop has a problem where it crashed while setting up a new account after resetting the laptop, and it said I needed to restart my "install disk" well I didn't have an install disk so I was screwed. I searched around eBay for an affordable Windows 8 Copy but to no avail. So, does anyone know where I can get a low priced Windows 8 Clean Install Disk? If you do know, please link it.

Thanks,
Jason

Most Windows 8 laptop have a factory reset option built into the hdd when sold... that would be your best bet.

Definitely - easiest quickest and cheapest (like zero cost) and on top of all that - installing a fresh copy will require you to identify, download and install drivers for your specific laptop whereas booting into a recovery partition will have them all set up for you. Whilst you are at it, you should have burned some recovery disks from the hard drive recovery image so that if and when your hard drive fails you can run a recovery by booting from the dvd's. You should do that asap and keep em somewhere safe.

That free Microsoft link works a charm thankyou ussorway, had to delete entire hard drive and used the download via USB at startup, followed the prompts and a fresh copy of Windows 8.1 is now operating, clicked activate Windows 8.1 and it automatically found the OEM key embedded on Bios? and is activated and set to go. :)

Back