Windows 7 Windows Appearing Behind Taskbar

zaparak

Hello!

I have experienced a problem in Windows 7 that I have never encountered before (in Vista or way back in XP):

Some windows appear behind the taskbar instead of below it (my taskbar is located at the top of the screen, and has been that way in previous OSs). I'm at my wit's end as to figuring this out, so any help is appreciated. :)

Here's a quick screenshot- (sorry for the terrible quality, but I hope you get the gist)
2yoagwi.png

More information follows...

System Specs:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Motherboard: ASUS P5K-E-WiFi-AP
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1004, 1/29/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Video Card - Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320 MB
I have attached an MHT file that contains images that describe my problem in greater detail. I'll give a verbal explanation as well.

The example that I have used here is this -
First, I select a word and operate on it with 'Hyperwords', a Firefox extension, which brings up a new window with the Google definition. However, this window appears -behind- the taskbar, making it difficult for me to move it. The only remedy, which is slightly cut off but shown in the last image, is to resize the window - this bumps it down from under the taskbar.

I hope there is some way to force windows that are by default initialized at (0,0) or anywhere below the taskbar to appear (or be 'bumped') below the taskbar itself.

Thanks for reading and helping!

-Zaparak

Last edited:
Why is there no reply's to this post? I have the exact same problem. I like my taskbar on the top of my screen and I frequently get windows showing up behind it.

doing research for you :D

news update:

yes seems to been a bug for some reasons windows 7 have "fixed it" so the only other reason that i can think off is a corrupted file,
the only thing you can do is resize the taskbar and that should reset the window to stay above the taskbar....

you are going to have to do this everytime this happens ( stop putting the taskbar there....)

as for the time being take it off the top we someone knows how to fix it ;D or even better till i find out :D

Last edited:
Right-click an empty area on your desktop, and then click Properties.
Click the Appearance tab.
Click Effects.
Click to clear the Use the following fade effect for menus and tooltips check box, click OK, and then click OK

Windows 7.. there is no properties selection when I right click on the desktop.. there's personalize and screen resolution though.. you should probably double check your own steps by doing it yourself first ;)

am sorry about that need to deleted that ops(think its time for bed) lol
try changing the theme and see if that works

Back