Windows 8 windows automatically wake from hibernate

citrix

Extraordinary Member
I had this problem for few weeks now. I set windows to hibernate at night then next morning the power turned on my itself. I can't find out what waked it.

I have turned off automatic windows update, maintenance, wake from network adapter. still the same.

how to solve this problem?

Hi,

have you tried disabling the 'wake timers'? See screenshot:

settings.jpg

Check the administrative event logs to see what caused the computer to wake and try to isolate it. Additionally, check in your BIOS to see if "wake timers" WOL are enabled. If they are, disabling them should indefinitely solve the problem.

Usually the powercfg -lastwake command will give you some indication. Although I did not know it would wake from hibernation,,,

Open an administrative command prompt and type the command and hit enter. It has to be done before the system goes back to sleep.

Windows Media Center was always one that surprised me.

Usually the powercfg -lastwake command will give you some indication. Although I did not know it would wake from hibernation,,,

Open an administrative command prompt and type the command and hit enter. It has to be done before the system goes back to sleep.

Windows Media Center was always one that surprised me.

I tried but it did not show what waked it up.

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]
(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
C:\Users\Admin>powercfg -lastwake
Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
Wake Source Count - 0
C:\Users\Admin>

I also disabled all services except intel and asus. There is no pop up window or new program running when it wake up. I just can't find what waked it.

What about the automatic scheduled maintenance setting. Is the box ticked to allow the scheduled maintenance to wake the computer at the scheduled time. I have my box unticked.

Personally I never use the hibernate/sleep mode for my desktop. I just let mine run until I'm ready for bed and I shut mine down for the night. So I'm out of ideas...sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Back
Top Bottom