Windows 7 Windows cant retrive information about disks on this computer

Bugerion2

''Windows cant retrive information about disks on this computer'' this is the text i get when on screen appears ''setup is starting'' anyone knows what is the problem I tryed with drivers and something with virtual disk but still nothing.If there is already thread about this im sorry i couldn't find it useing forum search.

A little more information about your current setup would help. How many discs, are the SATA or PATA, are they clean or already have an OS on them???

A little more information about your current setup would help. How many discs, are the SATA or PATA, are they clean or already have an OS on them???

3 discs,they have system on them and im trying to upgrade from Vista ultimate to w7 ultimate but this error comes out before i select upgrade or custom instalation and my discs are PATA.

Hello and welcome to the windows7forums
Did this occur immediately after install.

Did you perform an upgrade or a "clean" install?

Ok I didn't understand the first part but if you are asking for RAM I have 4GB and i cant ,turn off my D disc its somehow atached to C disc so il try just turning off F disc

DIDN'T WORK :(

Last edited:
That means that I tryed installing system drivers but nothing and the other one i read on some forum that i need to eneble virtual driver service in service menager so i did it but again same error

virtual driver service

You mean Virtual Disk.

I don't think that has anything to do with it at all.

When the PD is running place the DVD in the tray,. use Windows explorer to navigate to the DVD.. Do not click on the DVD itself,. just expand the tree,. Look for setup.exe and try that

hmmmmmmmmm no setup exe when I expand the tree,thats weird but when i click on it its there.

Its not upgrade exe just upgrade folder and there isn't upgrade exe in there just netfx and its ISO

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom