Windows 7 Windows Events Log Errors - Need Help

atikmdag is your ati graphics card drivers not up to date... check one of my last few blogs for the link to the correct drivers to cure that.

the reset of the stuff looks like network problems ipv6 and dns and ip address... alll show problems with networking.

Oh there is a problem with your hard drive too. It looks like you did an update rather than a clean install and a bunch of bad drivers came over from Vista... those are a lot of complicated issues to resolve.

atikmdag is your ati graphics card drivers not up to date... check one of my last few blogs for the link to the correct drivers to cure that.

the reset of the stuff looks like network problems ipv6 and dns and ip address... alll show problems with networking.

Oh there is a problem with your hard drive too. It looks like you did an update rather than a clean install and a bunch of bad drivers came over from Vista... those are a lot of complicated issues to resolve.

Actually I did a real clean install. I formatted the HD and I installed Windows 7 on a fresh clean HD.
Therefore, I have no Idea how these errors you see came up. I searched for your ATI post but it doesn't seem right that whenever the drivers are not up to date I'll get these errors. I just installed Windows 7 less then a month ago and I downloaded the latest ATI drivers from their website, so how could that be?

Either way, do you recommend using Driver Sweeper before installing the any new ATI driver?

Actually I did a real clean install. I formatted the HD and I installed Windows 7 on a fresh clean HD.
Therefore, I have no Idea how these errors you see came up. I searched for your ATI post but it doesn't seem right that whenever the drivers are not up to date I'll get these errors. I just installed Windows 7 less then a month ago and I downloaded the latest ATI drivers from their website, so how could that be?

Either way, do you recommend using Driver Sweeper before installing the any new ATI driver?

You should have found the blog if you searched blogs for atikmdag

Problem: atikmdag.sys errors at logon

Solution: Update graphics drivers. The Ati drivers that I used are here:
Download ATI Catalyst Drivers 9.10 Vista 64 - Technical Details - FileHippo.com
Link Removed - Invalid URL)

No harm in running the driver scan programs... just evaluate what they suggest. USUALLY there are only 3 drivers that give us all problems.... Graphics drivers... number 1. Sound drivers number 2 Network drivers number 3.
way down on the list at 4th place is probably usb driver... that's usually easy to identify... just borrow an old style keyboard and mouse and unplug all usb devices.

If you have unique gamining keyboards and other input devices you'll probably need unique drivers for those.

Back
Top Bottom