Windows 7 Windows Intalled updates, now no internet connection

One more time, please confirm so I'm sure I understand
You can ping 64.233.169.99 and receive four replies with no (0) loss but entering that same address into the address bar of IE9 will not bring up a google search page? Is that correct??

Reboot the computer into safemode with networking (tapping the F8 key as the machine is restarting) check your ability to browse by clicking the StartOrb->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Internet Explorer (No Addons).
Any change?

correct, pings 4, 4 with 0 lost. no google home page when typing into browser

in safe mode, both ie and mozilla work fine.

OK boot into normal mode and send me a copy of you System Information
click start and type msinfo32 into the search box and hit enter
click file->save
put it in a new folder on your desktop
zip that folder and attach it to your next post
I'll take a look and see if I can find any glaring problems.
In the mean time if you would like you could perform a Clean Boot diagnosis yourself using the method described here.
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

Nothing at first glance.
Let's try it with out PC Tools Firewall Plus.
Type
services.msc
into the search or run dialog box and hit enter
scroll to find PC Tools Firewall Plus
double click it and set the startup type to disabled and click the stop button
see if that makes any difference. In the mean time I'll keep looking

I should have suggested that you check to see if Bonjour Services is installed as Trouble suggested.
It's usually the first thing I think of.

If you haven't already done so look and see if it is, and if it is uninstall it.
This has been a problem since beta.

ok disabling pc tools firewall did not resolve the issue. bonjour is already disabled.
i also did the clean boot but nothing was found to cause the issue. thanks

have to admit that this one has me stumped.
For testing purposes can you temporarily also disable the built in Windows firewall and see if that provides any relief.
The only other thing that I can see is something called CurseClientStartUp.ccip which I presume is associated with a game like WoW or one of the others that use SlimWare, it's in your startup directory. Can you turn that off or exit it perhaps by right clicking its' icon in the notification area of the task bar down by the system clock and see if that may somehow be impacting your browsing.

have to admit that this one has me stumped.
For testing purposes can you temporarily also disable the built in Windows firewall and see if that provides any relief.
The only other thing that I can see is something called CurseClientStartUp.ccip which I presume is associated with a game like WoW or one of the others that use SlimWare, it's in your startup directory. Can you turn that off or exit it perhaps by right clicking its' icon in the notification area of the task bar down by the system clock and see if that may somehow be impacting your browsing.

A few months back I uninstalled CurseClient (yes it was for WoW) but it still prompts me to download it everytime I log in. I also have been getting an error message upon startup about windows.NET or something. I assume this wasn't this issue since it started after I already had the issue.

Regarding the issue with CurseClientStartup.ccip, type
msconfig
into the search or run box and hit enter
select the startup tab and see if you see it there
if present simply uncheck it and reboot and see if that prevents it from loading.
If not post back and we'll see what else we can do to stop it.

curse client is gone from start up. i already have windows firewall disabled. still no luck with the connection.

Okay at this point it has to be either PC Tools or Avast, I'm leaning towards Avast since PC Tools has multiple product offerings and I don't know which, any or all you have installed.
Uninstall both completely, check their program group on the start menu for an uninstaller or else use the programs and features applet in the control panel and follow that up with the vendor specific proprietary removal tool Avast found here, not sure if PC Tools has any such thing but do your best to uninstall it and or it's associated programs completely.
This should only take a few minutes of your time and you can always reinstall them later if they prove not to be part of the current problem.
Regards
Randy

Glad to hear that you were able to resolve your problem and Thanks for posting back and updating your thread.
Hope to continue to see you around the forums.
Good luck and best wishes.
Randy

Back