Windows 7 windows internet connection error

sadmanager

Okay so all the othere devices in the house can connect just fine to the internet at any given time. Other computers, phones, ps3, Xbox. Except my laptop. For weeks I had been able to connect just fine then out of the blue every time I turn on my laptop or take it out of hibernation it won't connect and says that the connection setting/internet password doesn't match. The only thing that fixes this is a restart of my modem/router. I've tried removing the network and then adding it, I've restarted, I ran Ccleaner, I updated my computer and I ran a virus scan. How can I fix this so I don't have to run around resetting the router every time I want to use my computer?

Sorry it has been so long since a response, but have you tried a wired connection?

You appear to have many devices on your wireless network. Have you taken any steps to reserve the IP address of your laptop in the router so something else doesn't try to use it? Have you tried setting it to a static IP address?

The network adapter might also be deficient in some manner. In Device Manager, using the Power tab for the device, you might try changing some settings to see if it helps, and if it doesn't you might try reinstalling the driver for it.

If you want, you could use the following command in a command prompt window (copy and paste) and then attach the resulting text file. Maybe someone will see something. Edit any personal info you feel necessary.

ipconfig /all > %userprofile%\Desktop\ipconfig.txt

Doing this when the system is working and when it is not, may show the problem. Of course, change the name of the text file before you run the command additional times.

Back
Top Bottom