Windows Media Player - weird letters

MasterU

Hello all,

I joined to ask a question after the recent Windows 10 update. I'm a long time Windows Media Player user and after the update, weird letters appear in certain places that weren't there before. After searching for a bit I couldn't find an answer, and if it is possible to do a reset for WMP or reinstall. I posted a screenshot below and any help will be appreciated to remove those unexplained letters.

If there are any details I need to provide please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• weird-letters.png
    weird-letters.png
    34 KB · Views: 399
Could you please let me know, what all steps you followed after starting Windows Media Player before finding this issue?

Thanks for the reply, after I opened Windows Media Player I immediately found this issue, it's hard to miss so I'm not sure what exactly you are asking? If you mean by, did I do anything then the answer is - I only tried to restart the system and reopen the player.

I just wanted to know what actually you did on WMP after opening it, as I can see from the screen shot, there is some random text in the search box.

It has been always there since the update. I now noticed that when I write something in that search box it replaces the letters with other letters, for example "A" is now "<" and the letter Q is now "L", it's pretty weird and I have no clue why it is doing that. The search still gives you back the result you were searching for but the letters are weird. Is it maybe a problem with unicode or something like that?

Try clearing the cache on documents and setting/all users/app data/microsoft/media index and delete file name wmplibrary and see if it works.

Back
Top Bottom