Link Removed - Invalid URL

win2008workstation.com forum

Almost forgot about the free Link Removed due to 404 Error.

Download Now

Features in Hyper-V Server 2008 R2:

- Host clustering

- Live Migration

- Large Memory support (Host OS) = 1TB (!)

- Support for up to 8 (!) Processors (Host OS)

When to Use Hyper-V Server 2008 R2:

- Test and Development

- Server Consolidation

- Branch Office Consolidation

- Hosted Desktop Virtualization (VDI)

To achieve these key benefits:

- Improved server utilization

- Small footprint

- Minimal overhead

Specific scenarios where Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 should be used::

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Bluetooth

I was dealing with this issue recently, this solution helped me. It is the modified Microsoft Bluetooth Stack.

Enable & Install Microsoft Bluetooth Stack on Windows Server 2008 x64

Windows Server 2008 x64 does not ship with a Bluetooth stack, and why should it? It is a Server after all. However, if you’re like me and use the server line of products as your primary operating system on desktops and laptops, this tutorial will show you how to install and enable the Bluetooth stack so that you can connect your mouse, keyboard or other mobile devices via Bluetooth.

Introduction

I’ve found a number of articles on the net to solving this problem, most of them not so easy or automated. The majority of the posts comment on grabbing the Windows Vista x64Bluetooth stack drivers and modifying them for Windows Server 2008 x64. Although you could probably do this by following lengthy posts, I have taken the liberty of uploading drivers which have already been modified. These can be downloaded by following a link later in this article.

Download the modified Microsoft Bluetooth Stack

Before you can use Bluetooth on your Windows Server 2008, you will need to go to the Microsoft bluetooth stack download site. Well you could go to the Microsoft bluetooth stack download site if there was such a place. Unfortunately there isn't. We have however, made your life easier and you can now Download the modified Microsoft Bluetooth Stack x64 Drivers. Save and unzip them into a new folder on computer.

Update Unknown devices in Device Manager with downloaded Bluetooth Stack Driver

1. Click Start > Administrative Tools > Server Manager

2847136101_327c5867ef_o.png
  2. In the Server Manager, expand Diagnostics and select Device Manager

2847136129_59bfa0f98e_o.png
  3. In the Device Manager pane, expand the Other devices container

2847136151_8b3c6a0988_o.png
  4. For each Unknown device in the list, right click and select Update Driver Software

2847136173_475ef34875_o.png
  5. On the How do you want to search for driver software dialog, select Browse my computer for driver software

2847967932_949e61a352_o.png
  6. On the Browse for driver software on your computer dialog, click the Browse button and browse to the folder which contains the unzipped copy of the Microsoft Bluetooth Stack drivers you downloaded previously.

2847967600_a9236df557_o.png
  7. Click Next, and follow the instructions to complete the driver update.
  8. Repeat steps 4 thru 7 for each unknown device.
Now that you have downloaded the Microsoft bluetooth stack drivers, you could install your Bluetooth device; but for added functionality you may also want to load vendor specific software to expand the functionality. The next steps are optional.
Install extra functionality for your hardware

If you have Microsoft peripherals and want extra functionality from your mouse or keyboard, you may want to install the IntelliPoint or IntelliType drivers. From the Microsoft website download the x64 Vista drivers. Install them, et voila, your Windows Server 2008 x64 isBluetooth enabled. Follow these steps to install the IntelliPoint or IntelliType drivers:

1. Go to www.microsoft.com/hardware
  2. Click on the Download Software link in the left margin.

2847135937_c80aae5361_o.png
  3. Click on the Software for Microsoft keyboard, mouse and fingerprint readers link.

2847967680_0cbf0458fe_o.png
  4. In step one, select Mouse.
  5. In step two, select a wireless Bluetooth mouse, I have chosen Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000, because that’s what I use.
  6. In Step three, select Windows Vista (64-bit only).
  7. In Step four, select English (US).
  8. Click on the Go button.

2847967756_e6b357a314_o.png
  9. On the page that comes up, click on the IntelliPoint 6.3 64-bit for Windows Vista link and download the file to your desktop.

2847967784_9d6807cbc0_o.png
  10. Double click the downloaded file to install the Bluetooth stack. When you are prompted to insert the Bluetooth dongle, simple click cancel to exit.
  11. By this stage you should see the Bluetooth Icon on your desktop and will be able to add your mouse or other Bluetooth devices.
  12. To add your device simply click the Bluetooth icon in your tray and follow the prompts to add your devices as per usual.
    This tutorial gave an easy way to enable and install Bluetooth functionality in Windows Server 2008 x64 and further expands on recreating the Windows Vista experience by installing Bluetooth vendor specific software.

Re: Bluetooth

Hello,
Sir you gave very good information about windows server 2008. this information will really help me and also others.thanks for sharing this information.

thanks!

Back