Windows 7 Wireless disconnects after around 15 minutes.

mitch

Hi well I installed windows 7 ultimate yesterday. I discovered after around 15 minutes while browsing the internet that my Wlan had disconnected. I flicked my wireless switch off and then on again to gain back my connection. I need to know how to stop my internet from disconnecting because it's very annoying when i'm downloading files/gaming. I have a Belkin wireless router. Before I installed windows 7 onto my laptop the internet worked fine and didn't disconnect (vista os). Im using a "Atheros AR928X Wireless Network Adapter".
Please help quickly this is getting very annoying. I've looked through some over posts similar to this one but it hasnt helped. Keep it simple when explaining please im very computer noob.
If you need any information just let me know,
Thanks
uq7lv.png

2u5ucsy.png

]
2li77ld.png

235yc0.png

Last edited:
There are about 20 known connection fixes in the link in my tagline. Maybe you'll find a solution.
Well I tried most things on that list and found my system couldn't find a base system device whatever that is. Hope this can help somebody help me.

It's probably your drivers. You did check your administrative logs under event viewer?

wlan polls for better wireless connection every 60 seconds,,, probably it's not finding a connection for whatever reason, distance, interference, etc.

Also check your power settings,, say they are set to go into sleep, hibernate or sceensaver after 3 minutes,,, you may not realize that they were timing out

It's probably your drivers. You did check your administrative logs under event viewer?

wlan polls for better wireless connection every 60 seconds,,, probably it's not finding a connection for whatever reason, distance, interference, etc.

Also check your power settings,, say they are set to go into sleep, hibernate or sceensaver after 3 minutes,,, you may not realize that they were timing out
I think it is my drivers but I don't know how to fix it. I checked event log and found this warning: "Name resolution for the name wpad.Belkin timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded". Then after that is this error: Your computer was not assigned an address from the network (by the DHCP Server) for the Network Card with network address 0x001DBA88DE94. The following error occurred: 0x79. Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address (DHCP) server". My system never goes into sleep/ hibernation.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Well that explains it although it's a bit encryptic and I don't know how to fix it. I would definitely look for new drives.

Well that explains it although it's a bit encryptic and I don't know how to fix it. I would definitely look for new drives.
Got any instructions/ guidlines i could follow to get a new driver? Im new to this kind of stuff sorry.
Here is some system information.
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
System Model VGN-NS15G_S
System Type X86-based PC
I have a 32 bit.

Mitch:
Did you go to Sony and try this driver To install Wireless LAN Driver (Atheros) 7.6.1.122is that the driver that you are using? And just for kicks, right click on the taskbar and select "Start Task Manager" under the process tab, check the box that says "Show processes for all users" near the bottom left. Now check and see if you have the "Bonjour Service" running or something called "mdnsresponder" if so go here and remove it How To Uninstall or Remove Bonjour mDNSResponder.exe Raymond.CC Blog

Mitch:
Did you go to Sony and try this driver To install Wireless LAN Driver (Atheros) 7.6.1.122is that the driver that you are using? And just for kicks, right click on the taskbar and select "Start Task Manager" under the process tab, check the box that says "Show processes for all users" near the bottom left. Now check and see if you have the "Bonjour Service" running or something called "mdnsresponder" if so go here and remove it How To Uninstall or Remove Bonjour mDNSResponder.exe Raymond.CC Blog
I have installed that driver. But the driver i am using is version 2.0.0.75 ". If you could tell me how to install it that would help. I don't have "mdnresponder" or "bonjour service" running. If you need any other information just let me know. Ive added some pics about to help explain this.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have installed that driver. But the driver i am using is version 2.0.0.75 ". If you could tell me how to install it that would help. I don't have "mdnresponder" or "bonjour service" running. If you need any other information just let me know. Ive added some pics about to help explain this.
Thanks
Mitch:
If you go to that link and scroll down to #4 To Install Wireless LAN Driver (Atheros) 7.6.1.122) there is a download button right next to it and underneath is the list of machines that it applys to and under that is pretty specific instructions
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000206089.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer.
That page also includes a list of what they are calling "Windows 7 indivdual Drivers and Utilities" I am not familar with your particular computer but one of those drivers will probably help you with the issue in device manager regarding the "base system device" you mentioned eariler. Not sure which one but it's obvious that you are missing at least one driver according to the picture in device manager.

Also on that same page #26 there is a utility called VAIO Update 4.2.0.07300 Not sure that it will help, but from what I can gather, it takes you to there website and autochecks you computer for current updates that are available. I suppose it might be worth a try.

This problem has been solved by installing a new driver and updating the current one I had.
Can close this thread now.

Mitch:
Glad to hear you got it sorted out. Stick around share your experience and help other members
Good Computing
Randy

Back