Windows 7 Wireless Network Adapter Not Found

Wilhelm

I have a Toshiba Satellite A665 Laptop with Win7 Home. When I look at "Intel MyWiFi Utility", I receive a message saying "No Intel Wireless Network Adapter was Found". Is this adapter on a board that would be installed in the laptop? Could it have been removed or not installed in the first place?

I would think a wireless adapter for a laptop is standard, unless you had the option to not install it.

If you open Device Manager, do you show any Network Adapters? (devmgmt.msc)

Is there some switch you need to turn or key combination to get the wireless to work? Is there some bios setting where you need to enable the adapter?

I found a list of three networks, I am hooked up toand using one now. I just annoyed me that at the bottom of the screen I had yellow triangle with (!) in the middle of it. What I did find was a "Wireless Network Conn 3. it says it is NOT Connected. Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport A...". It more than likely I need to connect it but I can't see why I would have a use for it at this time. Think problem solved. Thanks.

The Microsoft Virtual WiFi should not be involved in your connection, unless you are using a Virtual Adapter to connect on purpose.

But the yellow triangle means you are connected to your network, just not able to access the Internet. This can be caused by several things, one of which is not having a good DNS address for the system.

Try typing or copying and pasting the following command in a Command Prompt window. It will put a text file on your desktop you can edit, it if you like, and then attach using the paperclip on the Advanced Replies.

ipconfig /all > %userprofile%\Desktop\ipconfig.txt

Typing ncpa.cpl in the Start Menu search box and hitting enter will also bring up the Network Connections dialog that should show your network adapter.

Back