Windows 7 wont install freezes at 10%??

b8yd

HI,

im having some problems installing windows 7. i had vista home premium but it started going very slow so i decided to install win 7 ultimate as i use it at work and its alot nicer tbh. I reformatted my partition and started the install tis gets to 10% usally can get up to 16% and then it gives an error file missing or currupt, when i restart the computer i get the "BOOT MNGR" is missing error i thought maybe a hardware issue as it was under warranty Toshiba had a look hardware is 100% fine no errors found. so now im stuck with this error and no way round it. i have read lots of similar problems but none come up with any decent ways to fix it, most have managed to install it and then get the boot error but mine has not even installed so i cant repair the OS ect.

I have also tried putting Vista back on but it just doesnt load up just a black screen, i tried XP but i think the laptop is to powerfull as it just bluescreens everytime i even tried removing some ram as xp only run upto so much but to no avail. atm im trying with a new partition + the 100mb system one but has frozen again help me please/.......

Hello and welcome to the Windows7forums,

Truthfully if it's under warranty I would speak with tech support first

I always use GParted or Parted Magic to create a single partition of my liking for the C: drive, then back in Windows, type diskmgmt.msc and create your other partitions.

GParted: GParted -- Live CD/USB/PXE/HD

Parted Magic: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Remember to select NTFS when creating the partition.

Last edited:
I reformatted my partition and started the install tis gets to 10% usally can get up to 16% and then it gives an error file missing or currupt, when i restart the computer i get the "BOOT MNGR" is missing error i thought maybe a hardware issue as it was under warranty Toshiba had a look hardware is 100% fine no errors found.

Could this be corrupt media?

Hi
I tried two seperate discs one of which is confirmed workin as it was installed shortly befor o. Anotherlaptop....... It also stopped at 10 on x64 n 16 on x86 win 7 Utomatically partioned it do u think tht cud b tbe issue? Shud I reformat it on my own without win7 thn install it? Sorry for spelkin new phone

Install from a USB stick created from a known good .iso image. Be sure to format the install partition from advanced box while choosing where to install to.

Google for how to create the USB key. It's simple. Then set bios to boot to it, to install. Sometimes, bios sees sticks as hard drives, so keep that in mind while looking for it.

I had thought that by this point in time, the DVD was purchased or came with a new computer.

Burning the ISO does makes difference.

You a good quality, name brand DVD.

I use Imgburn to build the ISO:
The Official ImgBurn Website

Use 1x or 2x speed and then verify. Verify is set by default.

Last edited:
Hi guys sorry about the late reply but i have now fixed this issue.
Realising it wasn't the disc and all hardware tests passed i took it to work and got them to format the drive fully after several hours it finished and we tried again and it worked perfectly it now works all perfect so i thought i would share it was just windows 7 not formatting the drive correctly!

Thanks for posting back.

Even on my machine when I encounter a problem, patience is golden.

Back