Windows 7 Zyxel G-302 wireless card drivers

bodine465

Tried to install a Zyxel G-302 V2 wireless card in my Build 7068 system, but neither the drivers on the CD or online will work. Has anyone had any success installing this card? Send an e-mail to Zyxel support, but we all know how long a response can take.

Tried to install a Zyxel G-302 V2 wireless card in my Build 7068 system, but neither the drivers on the CD or online will work. Has anyone had any success installing this card? Send an e-mail to Zyxel support, but we all know how long a response can take.

I have not used the same brand PCI Wireless Adapter but has successsfully installed Wireless Adapter having the same RTL8185 Chipset your Wireless adapter also has in 2 PCs with Win 7 beta both 32 bit and 64 bit and Builds 7000, 7048 and 7068.
You did not mention the Windows 7 Beta Bit (x32 or x64) of Build 7068 you have installed and what exactly happened when you installed the driver. Did the Device Manager show that driver has been successfully installed but you were unable to get wireless connection, or you were unable to install it because Windows was saying the device has already got the correct driver? Did you get the 1-6-2009 Vista driver from ZyXel or the 5/5/2008? Did you just click the Setup.exe from the download and use the setup wizard or selctively install the specific .inf file thru' Device Manager? Was your Win 7 a Clean install ( Custom Install ) or Upgrade Install?

Answers to the above questions might help in deciding your next step.
Good Luck

I have not used the same brand PCI Wireless Adapter but has successsfully installed Wireless Adapter having the same RTL8185 Chipset your Wireless adapter also has in 2 PCs with Win 7 beta both 32 bit and 64 bit and Builds 7000, 7048 and 7068.
You did not mention the Windows 7 Beta Bit (x32 or x64) of Build 7068 you have installed and what exactly happened when you installed the driver. Did the Device Manager show that driver has been successfully installed but you were unable to get wireless connection, or you were unable to install it because Windows was saying the device has already got the correct driver? Did you get the 1-6-2009 Vista driver from ZyXel or the 5/5/2008? Did you just click the Setup.exe from the download and use the setup wizard or selctively install the specific .inf file thru' Device Manager? Was your Win 7 a Clean install ( Custom Install ) or Upgrade Install?

Good Luck

Yes I have Googled without any answer so far and good luck to :)
It is always good to search the internet for help on issues .. ie: google and see what turns up .

Good Luck

You deserve more rep :) Just had to say that :)

Last edited:
It's the X32 version on a clean install. Shows up as an unknown network controller in Device Manager. Tried installing the complete package from the included CD and the downloaded driver from Zyxel (ver. 6.0 1/6/09). Setup wizard only worked after using compatibility mode for Vista, but still couldn't locate drivers for card. Even tried "Update Driver" under the device properties and did both "search automatically" and "browse" to the CD and extracted file directory; no luck. Keep getting a "Windows could not find driver software for you device" message.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but my card is v2, not v3 that Zyxel posts drivers for. No listing for v2 drivers. I'm assuming it's the same chipset.

EDIT: It appears that the v2 card uses the TI TNET1130 chipset. Zyxel doesn't post any drivers (that I can find) for this card anymore. Good job Zyxel!!! Searching to see if I can find any reference drives for this chipset.

Last edited:
It's the X32 version on a clean install. Shows up as an unknown network controller in Device Manager. Tried installing the complete package from the included CD and the downloaded driver from Zyxel (ver. 6.0 1/6/09). Setup wizard only worked after using compatibility mode for Vista, but still couldn't locate drivers for card. Even tried "Update Driver" under the device properties and did both "search automatically" and "browse" to the CD and extracted file directory; no luck. Keep getting a "Windows could not find driver software for you device" message.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but my card is v2, not v3 that Zyxel posts drivers for. No listing for v2 drivers. I'm assuming it's the same chipset.

EDIT: It appears that the v2 card uses the TI TNET1130 chipset. Zyxel doesn't post any drivers (that I can find) for this card anymore. Good job Zyxel!!! Searching to see if I can find any reference drives for this chipset.

I was hoping the V2 in your post was a typo and you would get the Driver. I am sorry it did not pan out. You might try to install the driver in safe mode as a last resort.
* The details are not meant for you but others who might need the extra information.

• Boot into Safe Mode [*by pressing F8 just about the time Windows will begin to boot]
  • Open Device Manager [ *Rt click Computer Properties>Device Manager]
  • Scroll down to the + Network Adapter and expand, locate and Right-click > your Wireless adapter>Uninstall
  • Close DM and disregard any prompt by Windows to install the driver
  • Open Control Panel >Programs and Features> Uninstall Programs and make sure ( unlikely though' ) there is no wireless driver related files to remove .
  • Restart the Computer and Cancel any attempt by Windows to Install the Driver during reboot and make sure you once again get back to Safe Mode.
  • Go to the folder where you have previously saved downloaded Vista drivers and use the DM and navigate to the Inf file in the folder you had extracted the software using an unzip utility like 7-zip. If you have the real driver and previously other software or driver remnants were interfering with the install you will be lucky to get your Wifi. Your addendum [Edit] has rained on my this parade :-(

Last edited:
I got it working

:D:D:D
Hey everyone, I'm typing this right now using a Zyxel G 302v2 wireless and WIndows 7 RC1.

Here is the deal: you need to download the driver file:
G-302v2_v1.0.0_driver_utility.exe

Then, instead of just running it (it will most likely puke when it hits 95%), you need to run it in compatibility mode. Let Windows 7 suggest the mode. Do this by right-clicking the file, then choose "Troubleshoot Compatibility". It chose XP SP2 and it works just fine. (trust me, im using it right now).

If you need the driver file, I will try to upload it somewhere...and why the heck Zyxel won't host it is beyond me...crazy.

If someone wants the driver until I can find a place to load it, just post the request here.

This site won't let me upload EXE nor files larger than 2MB.

Back