1394 not working now

PB21uk

I had a pci express card with a via vt6315 chip working fine in win 8.1 with my focusrite saffire pro external soundcard.

now the soundcard wont function anyone else got any thoughts on how i might deal with this. going back to win 8.1 is not an option as the rollback is greyed out.

ive tried downloading some of the win 8.1 fixes to deal with this and change the driver but nothing works.

Get a new sound card is what it comes down too... saffire may bring out an updated driver for their old cards but don't hold your breath.

its a pain the saffire has integrated loopback and I done know how good the scarlett range will perform with usb 2

i wonder if it would work with a 1394b on pci express. i recall win 8.1 had these issues too

Well you can install VMware and make a V-system just to run that card... Should work

Good idea, Norway.:D Just a note to OP here, when I went to install VMware on my main desktop PC, it wants like 40GB to run, so I'm always low on space on my C: drive, a 500GB. I'll need to install on a different machine eventually with more disk space. You could also try redirecting the VMware installer to an external USB drive; however, I don't know if that will save space or not.

If OP's got a smallish hard drive like me, it might be better to just buy the new Sound Card or wait until one comes out with the special features he requires.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

fyi best practice with vmware workstation is to install outside the c drive because the v-page file defaults to the installed drive and this tendency to grow can cause issues on a system drive i.e. it needs extra space when the V-machines are running.

Ok, thanks, I did seem to remember something about that option from years ago. I guess I just have to figure out how to install it on a secondary drive. Thanks for the tip!!! ;)

<<<BBJ>>>

Back
Top Bottom