Windows 8 3 unknown device

ben sen

Hi all,

I've noticed that there are 3 unknown devices under Device Manager, however, all of components of laptop working perfectly. In example, there are 1 Bluetooth device which could not identified by windows, but I can use bluetooth with no bother. You can find unknown devices in below image. How can I (find and) install proper drivers for these devices?

Thank you.

Hi all,

I've noticed that there are 3 unknown devices under Device Manager, however, all of components of laptop working perfectly. In example, there are 1 Bluetooth device which could not identified by windows, but I can use bluetooth with no bother. You can find unknown devices in below image. How can I (find and) install proper drivers for these devices?

Thank you.

Basically, the best way is to go to the support website of the maker of your peripherals and look for the latest drivers that supports the version of your OS.

Hi badrobot,

Thanks for fast reply. I've tried to update drivers to latest ones but no luck. As I said, there are no fault about functions of hardware, but couldn't make windows to identify these devices.

BTW, I wonder if you know anything about MAP SMS device or not. What is it? Is it a real hardware or something else (like virtual usb or comport device or emulator for specific application)?

Thanks again.

MAP SMS? Do you have your smartphone attached to your PC when MAP SMS appears on device manager?

Hi all,

Thank you.
Windows knew enough about the devices to label them generically. Do they show drivers as being installed? It sure looks like a phone and headset connected via Bluetooth.

A simple approach is to uninstall them in the Device Manager. If everything still works, who cares what they were. If your phone was previously able to connect to your computer and afterwards it can't, just reinstall it. Hopefully, you will get a better installation.

Thanks to both of you. My "nosy curiosity" blood starting to be pumped when my computer is discussion subject :) I'll try to make them identified.

Thanks again.

The Bluetooth system usually has two components. One is direct communication and the Other is a Bluetooth personal network. The devices you are currently using may not require the other system be functioning. You can check the Personal Network by typing ncpa.cpl in the run box and see if it is listed with the other network adapters.

But the drivers necessary for all my Bluetooth devices to be recognized are present in two areas. One, the basic Bluetooth drivers, and a Bluetooth Suite which may be available in some form from the manufacturer.

Back