Windows 7 A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down etc. etc. error STOP: 0x0000007B

Wyatt_Earp_Fan

The blue screen

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent
damage to your computer

I also get this messege when I try other options:

Problem signature:
Problem Event name : StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21201006
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 10
Problem Signature 07: NoRootCause
POS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I have Windows 7 Home, 64bit, 4 G of RAM, GTX 285, Intel Core 2 Quad

I had recently installed trial version of Kapersky . I had an earlier message after trying to restart and a black screen with the message bad image sector or something like that. It started several times before. Now it will not start and I had to disable the automatic startup and I got the above messege. I cannot do the system restore because it just won't and I hear Kapersky sometimes prevents this. No detecable disk errors have been noted but it still will not even boot into safe mode. This process just keeps repeating and nothing seems to be helping. I had this message before when my screen flickered before but the computer kept running. It has restarted automatically before also but with no problems. My system will also, not restore to another check point. I am ready to reinstall windows.

No normal or safe mode boot, the 7B stop error sounds like it may very well be an inaccessible boot device (for whatever reason) and pretty much leaves you with attempting startup repair from the install media.
There are some other advanced options as well that may help from a command prompt in the Recovery Environment. How to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows ( /fixboot and or /fixmbr can sometime help).
If you have reason to suspect a virus infection then you may want to use something like this Microsoft Standalone System Sweeper Beta | Microsoft Connect to create a bootable CD and check the drive by doing a full system scan, independent of the OS.
Regards
Randy

Well, before, which was a week ago, I started to get videos without a video, playing in the back ground of an open tab, even when there is no video present playing, oh, and even when all explorers have been exited i can hear a video. I suspect a virus but can't be too certain it would be causing this boot error.

Anything is possible. There are of course still some boot sector virii around. And still yet other virus and malware that mimic Blue Screens and other issues with their own code. Might be worth using that program (get the right version for your architecture 32 or 64 bit), create a bootable CD, boot to it and run a FULL system scan. Probably not going to make things any worse.

Back