Windows 7 Aero not working

I'm thinking this must be a ram issue as after every reboot from installing my new graphics card drivers and whilst Aero is working, Aero seems to of been switched off.

This time I managed to update my bios through @bios and install my graphics card drivers ok but theres still the Aero issue.

I'll try the stick by stick approach with memtest and see if any errors crop up.

Thanks again for the help.

I'm thinking this must be a ram issue as after every reboot from installing my new graphics card drivers and whilst Aero is working, Aero seems to of been switched off.

This time I managed to update my bios through @bios and install my graphics card drivers ok but theres still the Aero issue.

I'll try the stick by stick approach with memtest and see if any errors crop up.

Thanks again for the help.

Have you tried checking the physical connection to the graphics card internally? Do you have enough power going to the card? Does it run games flawlessly with Aero turned off? Do you have the extra power connector going to the card from the PSU (power supply)? Is the card installed in the first PCI-E x16 slot (and not a x8 or x4 slot). It could be the seating of the card. If not, I would start to suggest you look into RMA'ing the card if its not too late. Based on the tests you've performed thus far it reads to be a hardware issue.

Yeah I've just recently tried taking my graphics card out and putting it back in. Its in the correct pci x16 slot which my manual states (I've tried it in both now), and all power connections are connected properly. My psu has defiantly got enough power to run this card and probably another aswell, its 700w.

I was reading a bit more about this issue last night and other people were saying that this could be a problem within the aero's power settings. As a lot of other people were having problems when their computers went into sleep mode/ restarted or shut down.

I've recently installed the latest driver updates for my card and still the problem persists. I get the feeling that this isn't a problem with my card, and maybe some sort of power issue. My bios is also updated to the most current version available.

Hi.

Right click the desktop and choose Personalization. Then choose an Aero theme.

If no good, there should then instead be a link to troubleshoot Aero which fixes it in many cases.

If still no good, hit Windows Key + Pause Key to get to the screen to update your WEI score which should fix it.

If still no good, uninstall any mirror drivers that are used for Dameware or other remote desktop software, using the device manager and reboot. It will work and then you can reconnect with the remote software to automatically reinstall the mirror driver when needed.

Enjoy, and please tell us how it went.

FINALLY!! The problem has been cracked and after a year I have Aero goodness. I've restarted my computer twice, shut down once and its still here, none of that dull grey task bar I have to wake up to anymore!

The culprit was a program called gamerOSD which was embedded within my graphics card software, although I have also removed Wintv7 aswell, but some how I think the gamerosd was the problem as this program was constantly running silently in the background.

Eitherway I'm well happy, and just want to say a massive thanks to all you guys that helped me through this problem. Man I was on the verge of returning my card, I even flashed my damn bios over this problem lol.

Ahhhhwell once again thanks a lot for all the help :)

Cheers!

FINALLY!! The problem has been cracked and after a year I have Aero goodness. I've restarted my computer twice, shut down once and its still here, none of that dull grey task bar I have to wake up to anymore!

The culprit was a program called gamerOSD which was embedded within my graphics card software, although I have also removed Wintv7 aswell, but some how I think the gamerosd was the problem as this program was constantly running silently in the background.

Eitherway I'm well happy, and just want to say a massive thanks to all you guys that helped me through this problem. Man I was on the verge of returning my card, I even flashed my damn bios over this problem lol.

Ahhhhwell once again thanks a lot for all the help :)

Cheers!

Thanks for updating! Glad to hear you finally cracked it, well done! :)

Back