Windows 10 After recent Microsoft update, Display video cuts off when idle

Cpu temps are 154 to 175.Video card 99F and hard drive 112F
No heating issues.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

The hp pavilion monitor is 2 yrs old. It is first monitor with auto detection of signal.

Update: the monitor went dead. Do not buy a hp monitor! Failed after 2 years of use.

Replaced monitor. Desktop screen stays on for a minute in dvi mode for a minute or 2 then monitor switches to hdmi mode.
So it is not the monitor. Screw the damn video card. Will buy a 1050 card to replace the 750Ti card.

Update: At first RMA they said the video card worked fine at bootup and returned the same card! I had to get another RMA to return the video card and have them test the card for 5 minutes after bootup and they found a fault and in process of replacing the video card.

Cpu temps are 154 to 175.Video card 99F and hard drive 112F
No heating issues.

Just noticed this and 154F is a little warm for idle. 68c or there about is way too warm for idle.

Well its quite really hot for the idle. My CPU is even max at 70 c during some serious gameplay. I played Fallout 4 with ultra setting and its stable at 70 c. Could the overheat is the issue for your case? Yeah its better to borrow other monitor to see the case.

42c isn't bad at all, so it's not that. Mine idles at 33c and goes upto 60c while priming or folding@home> While gaming it sits around 44c

It is a eight year old intel processor. I have a large fan and heatsink on it.

My computer processor cant get cooler enough because l live in a shared house and the A/C cool temp is set at 75 degrees F. The temp control unit is locked by landlord.

What cooler do you have as 75F is only 23c which is plenty low to decent cooling.

My room is always at 80 degrees F because of the 430 watt power supply with a large fan heating up the small room. The cpu fan is a Rosewill RCX-Z300 92mm fan for a socket 775 cpu. I used a Cooler Master high perf. Thermal paste.

The Q6600 processor is 105 watts and l think the Rosewell cpu fan is for up to 95 watts processor. I didnt know at the time l placed the order in 2015.

Update. Had to wait a few weeks for the replacement video card. They replaced it with another 750Ti video card model without the overclocking so l expect this new card to last longer than the bad one.

Back
Top Bottom