Windows 7 All antivirus softwares fail to work

Drew Nolen

Hi, I came down with a serious virus a while back, which would cause my computer to randomly restart and not allow me to do things or start programs to beat this virus. I would try to run Microsoft Security Essentials and it would tell me the service would fail to start and when I would try to run a scan it would tell me half way through that a serious problem occurred and Windows needed to be restarted. I tried uninstalling it and trying different antivirus softwares, (AVG, Kaspersky, MalwareBytes) and they all told me that the service failed to start or something of the nature. Does anyone know what's happening and why?

See if you can run the Anti-virus applications in Safe Mode. Safe Mode usually helps me. If you have a restore point to a time before you were infected, you should consider using the restore point while in Safe Mode.

I've tried in safe mode and it still tells me the processes fail to start. I can run a scan in MalwareBytes without safe mode, but it doesn't allow me to activate the automatic threat protection service. It acts like the service doesn't exist. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling and no luck.

If you have a second computer that works reliably or have a friend, neighbor or relative that you can get to help you, you can use an offline scanner that may help.
What is Windows Defender Offline?
Is one I've use with some moderate success. Just grab the correct version for the system architecture you are going to run the offline scan on and use it to create a bootable CD. Boot the system from the CD and run a FULL system scan (program defaults to Quick Scan so change that).
See if that helps. If it get's you back in running shape I would still follow up with safemode scans with MalwareBytes, Super AntiSpyware, and SpyBot Search and Destroy, just for peace of mind.

If you have a second computer that works reliably or have a friend, neighbor or relative that you can get to help you, you can use an offline scanner that may help.
What is Windows Defender Offline?
Is one I've use with some moderate success. Just grab the correct version for the system architecture you are going to run the offline scan on and use it to create a bootable CD. Boot the system from the CD and run a FULL system scan (program defaults to Quick Scan so change that).
See if that helps. If it get's you back in running shape I would still follow up with safemode scans with MalwareBytes, Super AntiSpyware, and SpyBot Search and Destroy, just for peace of mind.
hey all, here is a last ditch that i have used. download and install combo fix and read it very carefully. combo fix will find and remove all infections. use with caution as it can and will remove more then you want it to if not careful. i have also used clamwin on a thumb drive to remove a virus. try the clamwin 1st from thumb drive and install in safe mode if possible then run it. it has worked for me several times. hope this helps. poorguy

IMHO and from past experience on other machines, you should not run ComboFix unless instructed so by a certified malware tech.
These certified techs know exactly how and when to use this tool and as poorguy pointed out, it will remove more than you want if not used properly.

Try this; Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hope this helps

Don

IMHO and from past experience on other machines, you should not run ComboFix unless instructed so by a certified malware tech.
These certified techs know exactly how and when to use this tool and as poorguy pointed out, it will remove more than you want if not used properly.

Try this; Link Removed - Invalid URL

Hope this helps

Don
hey all, yes combofix is to be used with caution and is very much a last choice. if possible see if you can locate in add remove programs new software that has installed itself recently. a virus is just a software program. if you can find it you might be able to stop it so that you can remove it. it is worth a shot. you might check in your task manager to locate it as a running process or service and try to shut it down that way. these are all a maybe chance or long shot.although it is a running program and using resources so it should show up somewhere. also in safe mode try system file checker. start in safe mode F8 then programs CMD prompt open as administrator then type sfc/scannow. hope this helps. poorguy

Back