Windows 7 Annoying Constant Glitches with Windows 7 Release Candidate

cr8zyboy73

I have Windows 7 release candidate; on my laptop and my desktop. On my laptop it's working fine. No glitches at all. On my desktop...it's a different story. This annoying brown box is always flashing on my taskbar. It either covers the windows that I have open (in the taskbar) or the whole thing. Another very annoying glitch is when I'm using any window (iTunes, Google Chrome, WordPad, etc.) This whole black box would cover the whole screen showing the cursor; small, big, huge. Minimize symbol; small, big, huge. Cursor loading symbol; small, big, huge. It would do this for about all the main icons that come with Windows 7. And, sometimes my screen goes black for a couple of seconds. Once, it was doing that so much in a period of time that I had to shut down my computer.

I tried to take a snapshot of the glitches, too. Though, when I post them on paint, it's as nothing happened. The glitches disappear.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to fix this problem?

This has started with your installation? Are you dual booting, does it happen in your old OS? Sounds like a software issue but it's hard to make much sense out of your post.Is this random does it manifest when running certain apps? Whe you say black box are you talking about areas that are pixelated and blocky or seperate windows like a command prompt? I'm allover these forums and have never haerd of a problemlike this so it's probablly an issue with that setup in particular.If you get as much info as possiblle up here people will offer whatever help they can. But you need to list your hardware especially with a problem like that one because it could very well be a hardware issue the less background questions a member has to easiest thing is to fill out system specs in your profile ask the more likely they will help because they don't have to ask and then wait to troubleshoot.easiest way is to fill out system specs in your profile.

Last edited:
This has started with your installation? Are you dual booting, does it happen in your old OS? Sounds like a software issue but it's hard to make much sense out of your post.Is this random does it manifest when running certain apps? Whe you say black box are you talking about areas that are pixelated and blocky or seperate windows like a command prompt? I'm allover these forums and have never haerd of a problemlike this so it's probablly an issue with that setup in particular.If you get as much info as possiblle up here people will offer whatever help they can. But you need to list your hardware especially with a problem like that one because it could very well be a hardware issue the less background questions a member has to easiest thing is to fill out system specs in your profile ask the more likely they will help because they don't have to ask and then wait to troubleshoot.easiest way is to fill out system specs in your profile.

It's random.
By black box I meant black screen (bad choice of words I guess.)
I'm thinking about setting it up again.
Oh, and it never happened before on my old OS (Windows Vista Home Basic)

Back