Windows 7 Any good free antivirus??

my pc having only 1gb ram & 2.8ghz xeon processor, i am using win7 x32.
i am using MSE from last 18months, now i am bored with it, it failed to detect many viruses.
also i used avira free, but i don't liked.
THERE IS ANY GOOD FREE AV?which is effective and light??????????/

my pc having only 1gb ram & 2.8ghz xeon processor, i am using win7 x32.
i am using MSE from last 18months, now i am bored with it, it failed to detect many viruses.
also i used avira free, but i don't liked.
THERE IS ANY GOOD FREE AV?which is effective and light??????????/

I used to use Avast myself & recommend it to my clients. However my preference, for a long time, has been & is MSE/Windows Defender. It is extremely good, simplistic, light, effective & quiet to use, fully auto and free. It sure never fails to detect much. Often knows to look for things other stuff doesn't.

The answer to your question is MSE or Windows Defender. As an IT Pro Consultant/Tech and after much experience it is what I strongly recommend just because things that work well & are pleasant to use are appealing.

Cheers,
Drew
290_Windows8_1.jpg

I can only repeat myself, once again: having tried practically all freeware options, I ended up with Avast Internet Security, a paid for solution. Works fine, and how much of a pain is some $35 for security? How many burgers or pizzas or eq.?

I'm not saying Avast is the perfect one, I'm just saying what is worth your money. Like, the rank of importance?

In general, I must agree with the common concept here that MSE et.al. are quite powerful to take hand of it. I have nothing to argue about that.

I actually rather like AVG, its gotten better with win7.
Also common sense :D
i use avg free and avast free on different computers with malwarebytes free and superantispyware free and have been satisfied with either of them. i believe that smart surfing habits and common sense is the best antivirus solution. try different ones and whatever one fits your needs best then go with it. they all provide only basic protection. too many out there to not run one of them. they are free can't complain. just my opinion. thanks. poorguy

Back