Windows 7 Are there Microsoft Windows 7 Updates after Going Back to WIN 7?

Some months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 Home. After couple months I went back to Windows 7. Since I have gone back there hasn't been in Windows Update, nor can get any updates by "Checking For Updates"
Here a outline on the Window I get when I select for Microsoft Windows Updates.
There a red banner running down the left side, and next to it is a "shield" with a Red X in it. About half way down under the files are these words.
"Most recent check for updates": NEVER
"Updates were Installed": NEVER
"You received Updates": NONE

I'm thinking the reason I'm not getting any updates, applies to the wording above. Never..

Anyone have a solution why no updates, or what cane be done to get the updates?

• Press [Windows key + r]
  • Type services.msc
  • Locate, right click and stop Background Intelligent Transfer Service and Windows Update
  • Open computer and navigate to C:\Windows and delete the folder SoftwareDistribution
  • Restart Windows Update service
  • Check for updates.

Neemo's suggestion is worth a try; however you should know that Microsoft disallows any and all attempts to revert back to Win7 (or Win8x) from W10 after 30 days.:noway: If you removed the hidden Windows.old directories (there can be up to 3 of them), you're out of luck anyway, but even if you had them backed up or sitting in your trash and restored them, you'd be over the 30 day limit and it's gonna be a "no-bueno" I'm afraid. :ohno:

You might consider backing up any personal data you have on that computer now to external media, and use factory Recovery Discs that came with your computer when you bought it, or make them using a built-in Create Media app that comes on most modern computers (built after 2009), or use the built-in hidden factory Recovery Partition to do the same thing. This will wipe your hard drive clean (make sure to use the CUSTOM option), and put back the factory load that came on the computer when it was OOB condition (Out-Of-Box) with all the original Win7 OS, apps, trialware, drivers, etc. etc. back onto the computer. In many cases such as Dell, Acer, Gateway, and Toshiba, you won't even need to re-enter your Windows license key, since it's built into the factory Recovery media. And there you go!:up:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

UPDATE: When I moved back to Windows 7 from Windows 10, I had to use my HP factory supplied recovery discs that came with the computer to make the change-over. Somewhere in the process of switching back to WIN 7 the Updates were successful (downloading) for about a week. 23 updates did in fact install. Then there was no more to be downloaded and installed.

Today, I did the same...did the full recovery bit... and 23 updates did download and install. And it's been four hours and no updates can be found by checking for updates.

Also did do as kemical said by logging on to the two links he listed. Those didn't work, or my computer is not capable.

My PC is a HP Pavilion p6750f series....

Also did do as kemical said by logging on to the two links he listed. Those didn't work, or my computer is not capable.

The actual Microsoft update catalog page has to be accessed using Internet Explorer regardless of what os your using, did you try that?

I've tried and done just about everything possible to get the Windows Updates, but, there still no action from Microsoft.
In fact, I don't get any of those "updates" that has the dreaded "Upgrade to Windows 10.... like the KB3055583, KB2952664, and several others ."

I think Microsoft may have installed a bug when I reverted back to WIn 7, so I wouldn't enjoy the old OS....WIN 7

But is your W7 activated? Your license may now has been transfered to W10
That could very well be, but I using the computer like always and have no problems other than there is no updates to be updated.
BTW. In the Windows Update window at the top there is a banner that reads. "Some settings are managed by your system administrator." In the slot where you can change how to get updates. It's reads..."Install updates automatically (Recommended)", and I cannot change it like I use to have it to download updates and I could install later. That's a new one that I have not see before on this computer.

Here's something that I have found in the "Windows Updates" that did update after I did the full recovery yesterday. The first item that was listed as updated was the...Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.256, and later the "last" update lists...Windows Update Agent 7.6.7600.320 as the last update that was downloaded.

That could very well be, but I using the computer like always and have no problems other than there is no updates to be updated.
I always thought "not activated means no updates", but I may be wrong....

Last edited:
Back