Windows 7 Beware: Do Not Install

HP All in One

I can get this working through USB, and connect through the network, wireless or wired through an XP machine but I can't get the network to respond using a win7 machine. I can share a printer connected via USB or through an XP or vista machine, but win7 just wont do it through the network with that printer. What gives? Anyone else have to deal with one of these printers yet? The drivers installed very nicely however. Everything was automatic. I checked the port and all that.. everything seems to be right. please help

I have an Officejet 6310 All in One connected to my router via Ethernet. Printer installs in Win 7 fine through the Add Printer function, but I can't install the HP software to get the scanner to work so far. HP says it will support in the final release, but does not necessarily support beta releases.

Correction - for whatever reason, I was able to install the HP software a couple of days ago. I installed in VISTA computability more and ran the setup.exe as administrator. I thought I had tried that before, but it worked this time, and I am now able to scan into Adobe Acrobat 9.1 Professional.

Last edited:
How can we know if the problems is an OS killer or if we can fix the problem.

Because I'm installed Photoshop CS4 but didn't use it yet so I shouldn't?

Last edited:
A list of programs that will cripple, in one way or another, your Windows 7 system.

Adobe Photoshop CS4 Standalone (Kills Windows Update)
Daemon Tools (causes hard errors, possibly making the OS unusable)
G-Data Antivirus 2009 (Causes irreparable system crash)
MagicDisk (Can cause both hard and soft errors, conflicts with OS resources)

Please post more OS-Killers below and I will add them to the list if I can find information to support your claims.

Well i just installed windows 7 and installed Adobe Master Collection CS4 and every thing is working but my windows update does not want to look for new updates and it did that befor i installed Adobe Master Collection CS4

Well i just installed windows 7 and installed Adobe Master Collection CS4 and every thing is working but my windows update does not want to look for new updates and it did that befor i installed Adobe Master Collection CS4

Will roll back not work to repair the problems with installing software ? :confused:

im fairly sure it had the same whilst trying to instal daemon tools it would keep asking for a restarting and never go anywhere with the instalion process.

anyone know another program that can be used to mount images?

Power ISO works like charm with me, buddy. No installation hassles, no problems. Just click the set up and its done. TC

Rollback so easy :)

I put this as a question b4 and said will rollback not work ? Well I will answer my own question it will ;)

If you install software that will not work on windows 7- causes BSODs or crashes do a rollback !

Insert windows 7 disk get to the repair windows bit and return to a time b4 you had the software installed that caused the problems .

that is not so simple i gues ..
the OS killers are not the same for every build of Win7 ..

There are I believe lists on this forum of OS killers as you say . Do a search on here and via google and you should turn up answers :)
Guess everything is very fluid for now but in windows 7 Ultimate and pro they will be including windows xp mode so the things that at the moment cause BSODS may well be overcome :)

HELP! I Tried to install Adobe Photoshop CS4, and Windows Update doesnt work! But the Photoshop CS4 did not even install?!

Hi!

I just installed Win7 RC build 1100, and concluded that my Terratec Aureon 5.1 PCI works otherwise fine with the latest driver & software pack for 64-bit Vista from the manufaturer (v5.12.1.8) released 2007 *ahem*, but trying to access it's control panel from system tray causes OS to hang instantly with no error messages. Even the mouse cursor dies almost completely.

The situation is repeatable, and verified by some other users also, so I suppose this is a manufacturer software glitch.

I've emailed [email protected] asking for support, and I'm waiting for reply....

Edit: Reply goes as follows:
in the moment we can't help you in any way with problems under WIndows 7. But I will forward this problem to the development department, and perhaps in the next driver- or software-release this problem is fixed...

Last edited:
im fairly sure it had the same whilst trying to instal daemon tools it would keep asking for a restarting and never go anywhere with the instalion process.

anyone know another program that can be used to mount images?

Hey anyone tried running the conflicting programs in windows xp mode ?

HELP! I Tried to install Adobe Photoshop CS4, and Windows Update doesnt work! But the Photoshop CS4 did not even install?!

No problem here - I installed the full Premium Design Suite CS4 - which includes Photoshop CS4, InDesign CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, Flash CS4, Acrobat CS4 and Illustrator CS4. All working perfectly and the Adobe updater worked fine too. Although this probably isn't the cause, did you deactivate your PS CS4 before re-installing on Win 7?? I say it probably isn't the cause because it should re-install and then tell you it cannot activate as you have exceeded your limits - in which case simply telephone the activation line and explain the situation and they will reactivate it for you.

No problem here - I installed the full Premium Design Suite CS4 - which includes Photoshop CS4, InDesign CS4, Dreamweaver CS4, Flash CS4, Acrobat CS4 and Illustrator CS4. All working perfectly and the Adobe updater worked fine too. Although this probably isn't the cause, did you deactivate your PS CS4 before re-installing on Win 7?? I say it probably isn't the cause because it should re-install and then tell you it cannot activate as you have exceeded your limits - in which case simply telephone the activation line and explain the situation and they will reactivate it for you.

Great post gotta give rep : Well done :)

Alcohol 120%

Installed Windows 7 RC x64 on 5-01-09 and I have my copy of Alcohol 120% working perfectly and with no side effects thus far. Perhaps the problem resides with 52% only? Only software I am currently having problems with is Nero Recode 2 and Nero Showtime 3. Also AVG Free 8.5 doesn't seem to report properly to the OS.

Last edited:
nice posts guys, i was wondering if any of you had problems with the latest version of PowerISO?

i havent installed it but im not going to untill i get an all clear, because magicdisk is the same kind of programme and has caused faults, please keep me posted, thanks.

Not sure if any of these have been posted before, but here I go:

O&O Defrag Professional: Causes major slowdowns when defragging (and sometimes when running idle) unless it's running in compatibility with Vista/XP.

CamStudio: Stay faaar away from this one. When you install it and record something, the screen starts rapidly flashing random colors and crashes the computer. Not really an OS-killer, but still not to be installed.

Back