Windows 7 Black screen with curson upon startup (before logging in)

Stealz

Before i begin i would like to state that it is only on very rare occasions that i sign up for anything just to post a thread so i am obviously determined to solve this :cool:

i have the somewhat notorious problem of getting the black screen with the cursor in the middle upon startup. im running windows 7 on a studio 16" xps. it seems that answers to all the other black screen problems have not worked for me thus im creating a new thread. so.. when i turn on the lappy i get the options to choose startup with safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with command prompt and start windows normally. all of these result in the same problem. after the screen shows 'starting windows' with the logo it goes straight to the black screen with the cursor. now all the other issues said that you can hit ctrl alt del and then type explorer.exe or somethin but this doesnt work for me since nothing happens when i hit ctrl alt del (also tried ctrl shift esc). someone said you can tap f8 in order to select repair my computer but this doesnt work either. yesturday i installed registry booster and the driver update programs from uniblue which somehow seems ironic. i also defragged my system using registry booster and i have an idea that this might have caused some problems. so im kinda stuck. the only solution i can think of is to boot from dvd and re-install windows or somethin. but im not sure. so some guidance and love would be awesomee. thanks alot.
Stealz ;)

Back
Top Bottom