Windows 7 Blue screen when shutting down laptop

sa1992

I'm not sure when this has been going on since I usually shut my computer off and go to bed without looking twice at the screen but upon shutting off my computer yesterday, this blue screen appeared:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILUREIf this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen.Restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow these steps:Check to make sure any new hardware or software or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as catching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components , restart your computer, press F8 to select Advances Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.Technical information:*** STOP: 0x0000009F (0x00000003, 0x84F79838, 0x82B6AAE0, 0x853F1270)

It is a little strange it blue screens when you shut it down. Have you checked the BSOD forum for the sticky about what might be needed to diagnose a Blue Screen error?

Does it have any external devices connected? Are you shutting down all programs you have running prior to shutting down the system?

You are actually shutting it down and not putting it to sleep?

Back
Top Bottom