Windows 7 Bluescreen at shutdown please help!!!

alecstheone

Hello, I get bluescreen many times when I shut down my computer and I thought that somebody can help me.... It's mot a rue but sometimes I get the bluescreen... Firstly I thought that it was because of overheating of some of my pc components because this error seems to appear when I use the computer for many hours.... I tried to play some games and to shut it down but the error didn't appeared.... Secondly, I tried to play games untill it was hot, than I left it a few minutes untill it cooled down and I shut it down and the error appeared again.. So I don't think it is because of the heat... I also want to mention the this error appeared just by shutting down of the computer... While I was playing or working it runned fine...
I checked the computer and it doesn't have dust in it and the drivers a re up to date....
Now the last thing that I suspect is the software... (and I really hope that this is the problem :D)

My computer is a DELL PRECISION T5500, hex core processor XEON 5675, video card: Quadro 4000, 12GB RAM ECC,, 1.5 TB and Im running Windows 7-64 bit

Please help me.... I don't have other options and its really hard to ship it back to the warranty because it'll cost much...

I upload here a photo of the error and also the dump file from :C:\Windows\Minidump\

(Once when this error happened and I started again the windows I've got this:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000021
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88002F00180
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\073111-16910-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alex TheOne\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22386-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

and I also want to mention the fact that after the error appears I have tot shut the computer down from the button...

I Thank You very much and I'm hoping for an answer....

Attachments

• error.7z.zip
    164.2 KB · Views: 235
alecstheone:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
Well first off some attention to the following two drivers to get started
sptd.sys 10/11/2009 usually associated with Daemon Tools use the tool found here and uninstall it (click the uninstall button)
and
b57nd60a.sys 4/26/2009 Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Driver should be able to find a new one here.
If blue screen problem persists after performing the tasks above please post any newer .dmp file in your followup posts.
Additionally read the following two sticky threads in the root of the BSOD forum
http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...mportant-every-thread-starter-please-see.html CPU-z all SPD tabs and export html report from RAMMon, zip it up and attach it.
and
http://windows7forums.com/blue-scre...collect-files-requires-troubleshoot-bsod.html right click and choose run as administrator

Firstly THANK YOU VERY MUCH for you response and SORRY for the BIIIG delay (I was in holiday away from home)

I uninstalled deamon tools as you told me and I updated the driver for Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet Driver and since than I haven't received another BSOD like that but unfortunately I received another one two times untill now: once when I turned off the computer and yesterday when I've put it on sleep. I resolved the first BSOD and now another one...
1-sigh.gif

I hope at least not to be a hardware problem.... I'll attach the error like you suggested me and I hope for a solution...
When I press the SPD tab on the CPU ID program that you suggested to use everything is gray and no information is awailable so I'll post just the information from the CPU tab! :D

Thank You very much!!
Alex

Attachments

• error.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 320
Hi alecstheone, None of your dmp files are really shouting obvious causes (to me, anyway!!). Could you please do a couple of things for us?

First, fill in your System specs. It'll take a lot of the guess work out for everybody here who wants to help you. See this for pointers:

http://windows7forums.com/windows-7-support/72212-help-us-help-you-filling-your-system-specs.html

I feel that you have a driver issue, but as said, your recent dump files are not giving an obvious culprit. To help flush out the "bad guy" can you please enable DriverVerifier. If there is a Driver issue, this will crash your PC. That is the intention. If it doesn't then leave it running for approx. 36hrs of PC use. Better explained below!:

To start Driver Verifier:
- Create a restore point!!
- GoTo Start and in the Search or a Run... Window type verifier and press Enter.
- Select Create custom settings (for code developers) and click Next.
- Select Select individual settings from a full list and click Next.
- Select every option EXCEPT for Low Resource Simulation and click Next.
- Select Select driver names from a list and click Next.
- Select all drivers listed that are NOT provided by Microsoft and click Next.
- Select Finish on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. If this happens as soon as Windows tries to start then try it in Safe Mode. Continue to use your system normally, if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out and hopefully create a pattern.
On the extremely rare occasion that you can't get into Safe Mode, use System Restore from your installation DVD / Restore Disc to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (a guesstimate!).

To turn off Driver Verifier when finished, Open a Command Prompt or Run... window and type verifier /reset and press Enter/OK.
or
GoTo Start and in the Search or a Run... Window type verifier. Select Delete existing settings and press "Finish".

Last edited:
Hello, I get bluescreen many times when I shut down my computer and I thought that somebody can help me.... It's mot a rue but sometimes I get the bluescreen... Firstly I thought that it was because of overheating of some of my pc components because this error seems to appear when I use the computer for many hours.... I tried to play some games and to shut it down but the error didn't appeared.... Secondly, I tried to play games untill it was hot, than I left it a few minutes untill it cooled down and I shut it down and the error appeared again.. So I don't think it is because of the heat... I also want to mention the this error appeared just by shutting down of the computer... While I was playing or working it runned fine...
I checked the computer and it doesn't have dust in it and the drivers a re up to date....
Now the last thing that I suspect is the software... (and I really hope that this is the problem :D)

My computer is a DELL PRECISION T5500, hex core processor XEON 5675, video card: Quadro 4000, 12GB RAM ECC,, 1.5 TB and Im running Windows 7-64 bit

Please help me.... I don't have other options and its really hard to ship it back to the warranty because it'll cost much...

I upload here a photo of the error and also the dump file from :C:\Windows\Minidump\

(Once when this error happened and I started again the windows I've got this:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000021
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF88002F00180
BCP4: 0000000000000001
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\073111-16910-01.dmp
C:\Users\Alex TheOne\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22386-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
/go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

and I also want to mention the fact that after the error appears I have tot shut the computer down from the button...

I Thank You very much and I'm hoping for an answer....

What you're looking for will be in one of the following categories:

a) BIOS bug
b) a driver whose activity is causing the target processor to lock up
c) a hardware defect (temperature, voltage, dust, RFI, outright borkedness...)
So, check the drivers
Then check the inside of the case (temperature, voltage, dust, etc).
Then run some hardware stress tests

Try this free video stress test: FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
Try this free stress test: Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Then try replacing parts.
Then look up the versions of your BIOS to see what changes were done.[/QUOTE]

Back