Windows 10 Broken Video picture icon

orchidsartanddesign

A few of the video picture icons of the videos on my computer are broken, and I’ve had this problem before on my previous computer as well. With my old computer, I tried all of the suggestions that the Microsoft agents told me to try.

Sadly, none of the suggestions worked. So I need to know if anyone knows of something that can fix broken video picture icons.

You need to Recreate the thumbnail cache.
We can do so
using Command Prompt. Follow the steps below :-

1. Open Start.
2. Search for Command Prompt.
3. Right-click the result and select Run as administrator.
4. Type the following command to stop File Explorer and press Enter:
taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

5. Type the following command to delete all the thumbnail database files without asking for confirmation and press Enter:
del /f /s /q /a %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer\thumbcache_*.db
6. Type the following command to start File Explorer and press Enter:
start explorer.exe
7. Close Command Prompt to complete the task.

Now you should be able to browse files and folders on your computer with thumbnail previews showing up correctly.
Hope This Helps You Out.

What has happened is that the pictures for some of the videos on my computer aren’t showing up. All that is is the picture icon of the video player that I use.

It happened a lot on my old computer as well.

You can literally do the same thing with Disk Cleanup, the command prompt instructions may be a bit overkill as far as I know.

Do you know of a software or app that can help fix this issue? I’ve tried everything that I can think of, and tried getting help with it, but nothing has worked.

Back