Windows 10 My picture associated with my account, not showing alongside the account folder icon.

Abhay Bhatt

I had my one picture associated with my windows account. That picture used to show on the folder icon for my account(ABHAY). Now its not showing, and only showing some random person figure!(see image below).
Capture.png

The above is not a shortcut to my account folder, but I have posted this image just to explain. This is happening when I access my account folder by going 'UP' through the 'Downloads' folder. But when I access my account folder by going to:- C-->Users-->ABHAY, there is no picture at all, not even the random guy's image as shown above.

How can I get back my photo on the accounts folder? Its important for me.

Bdw, I have tried uploading that picture in the 'accounts' section in the 'Settings'. In that section, my photo is shown, as well as, when I click the 'Start' button(see below)
Capture1.png

Capture2.png

Question #1: is your account a Local Login account or a Microsoft Account Login (the one that gives you full access to the Microsoft Universe and their App Store)?

Question #2: Please provide us with the EXACT version of your W10. You can do this by pressing the Windows-logo-key+R to get the Run dialog box, and type in the "winver" command. This will bring up the System details screen which contains your W10 version number. See here:
W10 WINVER CMD STUDIO540 9-17-16.JPG

We'll advise you further after your reply.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Question #1: is your account a Local Login account or a Microsoft Account Login (the one that gives you full access to the Microsoft Universe and their App Store)?

Question #2: Please provide us with the EXACT version of your W10. You can do this by pressing the Windows-logo-key+R to get the Run dialog box, and type in the "winver" command. This will bring up the System details screen which contains your W10 version number. See here:
View attachment 34303

We'll advise you further after your reply.

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Answer 1:- I have both the accounts, but I use the local one to login to my machine.

Answer 2:- Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.576)

That picture used to show on the folder icon for my account(ABHAY). Now its not showing, and only showing some random person figure!(see image below).
Capture.png
that icon image is the default when a user folder is shared
Screenshot (277).png

Answer 1:- I have both the accounts, but I use the local one to login to my machine.
by default (assuming full admin rights) you can have any image and that goes to; your login, your start buttion and (if you have one) your homegroup
Screenshot (275).png

Screenshot (276).png

you can add custom image to the account but that appears in sub-folder
Screenshot (278).png

Screenshot (279).png

or you can add a custom icon to the folder itself... only effects the local veiw!
Screenshot (280).png

Last edited:
that icon image is the default when a user folder is shared

by default (assuming full admin rights) you can have any image and that goes to; your login, your start buttion and (if you have one) your homegroup

you can add custom image to the account but that appears in sub-folder

or you can add a custom icon to the folder itself... only effects the local veiw!

I had my picture embeded into the accounts folder icon, thats what I am trying to tell here. Are you getting what my problem is? Instead of that random guy's image on the folder icon, I had my picture - the picture which I choose for the account, the same picture which gets displayed on logging into the machine.
Sorry, but your answer doesn't make any sense to me, but thanks anyways.

then we can assume one of three options;
  1. you had an icon point to your homegroup
  2. you made a custom icon that had your image on it
  3. or you are not using the default windows network system but some 3rd party software like vmware
Screenshot (281).png

Screenshot (283).png

then we can assume one of three options;
  1. you had an icon point to your homegroup
  2. you made a custom icon that had your image on it
  3. or you are not using the default windows network system but some 3rd party software like vmware

The last two options are false. And bdw, I am not talking abt the picture on the folder icon like the way its shown on your posted picture ie not the full picture, but with the normal folder image(just replace the random guy's image in the folder icon(the picture in my OP) with my picture)

Back