Windows 7 BSOD after long uptime

Chris1474

Hello everybody!

So I finally got around to building my computer this past week and now I am noticing that if I leave it on overnight, almost certainly, without fail, when I go to use it the next day my screen wakes up and is that blue color we have all come to know and love (/sarcasm) Anyway, my build is as follows.

AMD Phenom II x6 1100T overclocked to 3.8Ghz (system is stable under load as tested by Prime 95)
Corsair Vengence DDR3 1600 Mhz 4x4GB
MSI 890FXA-GD70 mobo
Coolermaster V8 heatsink
ADATA 64GB SSD (boot disk)
Western Digital 1TB HDD
CoolMax 1200W PSU
PowerColor Radeon HD 6970 (for my primary monitor)
Asus Radeon 5450 (for my 2 secondary monitors)
Antec 1200 case (3 120mm intake fans in the front, 2 120mm exaust fans in the back, 1 200mm exaust fan on the top.)

Ok, I think thats everything. As far as my overclock goes, I did not up the voltages to my CPU, I only upped the multiplier. I didn't attach a screenshot of CPU-Z because I am certain that the memory matches because they are the exact same sticks, plus I looked at the CPUZ readouts and everything was Identical.

Now for the details. I get a Kernal Power 41 task 63 error alot. It have never happened when I was sitting in front of the computer, it seems to always happen when I am not there, usually if it is left on for a long time. Also, I thought when you got a BSOD, it was supposed to restart itself, but my rig doesn't. I come bask to find it hung on the Blue Screen. There have been no minidump files generated so I can't diagnose from there. This I find interesting however, my ADATA SSD, it isn't detected after the BSOD. If I press the reset button and go to my BIOS, the drive is not listed as an option in my boot sequence. If I RESTART the computer and do the same, it shows up. I am sure this has something to do with the grand scheme of things but I am not positive. Any suggestions or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
In addition to cybercore's fine advice you may also want to double check with AData to see if there is a firmware update for your SSD. There has been known issues with AData as well as other SSDs in recovering from some power saver conditions. Make sure you read and understand any consequences of a firmware update as it may impact the data on the drive. Additionally you may want to consider any sleep / hibernate conditions in your current power plan that impacts your boot drive, perhaps abandoning them altogether temporarily just for testing.

Thank you for your replies. I did not attach the CPU-Z screenshots because I thought it not necessary. I will do so if you think it is really important but I must say I am not exactly challenged when it comes to hardware and assembly. I do fall a little short when it comes to things like the problem I am having however. Attached you will find the CPU-Z screenshots as well at the SF txt file. I must say that the SF tool was unable to complete any step other than the system information step. The only file in the SF folder was "system information.txt" and therefore I just attached that file rather than zipping the contents of the folder. And again, thank you for your help.

Attachments

• Systeminfo.txt
    3.5 KB · Views: 338
  • CPU-Z.gif
    CPU-Z.gif
    323.9 KB · Views: 468
Regarding the SF Diag Tool v4, please attempt running it again, only this time right click the executeable and choose run as administrator and see if the tool is able to successfully gather the information as intended.

Ok, here goes. I changed the Bios as you requested. Attached are the files you asked for as well. I was unable to attach the HTML file so I did a screen cap and attached that.

Attachments

• Seven Forums.zip
    409.6 KB · Views: 445
  • Rammon.png
    Rammon.png
    171.5 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
1. Set the memory right.

2. Uninstall AVG

3. Install MSE
Link Removed due to 404 Error

4. Update drivers:
Broadcom NetXtreme II Kernel 12/31/2008 11:29:28 AM
elxstor Kernel 2/3/2009 5:52:11 PM
iaStorV Kernel 4/8/2009 Intel Matrix Storage
iirsp Kernel 12/13/2005 4:47:54 PM Intel LAN
Novatel Wireless Insta Kernel 4/7/2009 2:48:21 PM

1. Set the memory right.

I did, the bios said it was 1600....I cant help it my changes didnt take effect. I wil again attempt to change the settings to what they should be. I never changed them from the default in the first place so I have no idea why they are different.

Back
Top Bottom