Windows 10 [!!!] BSOD/Black screen after wake up from sleep

raxor1234

Please help, it's eating me alive!

My pc crashes (BSOD, black screen (display dosen't even turn on, LED "hard drive working" indicator dosen't even flash, it's off) or to wallpaper then I scroll up to enter my password/pin and I can't type anything, then after a few seconds, boom BSOD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION) after waking up from sleep (generally after more than 10 minutes on sleep, or maybe anytime after sleep?). Here are the BSOD codes shown when the crashes occur (they differ, sometimes repeat)

CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (most recent, most repeated)
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION (rare?)

CPU: AMD FX 8350​
RAM: Kingston FuryX 2x4GB​
GPU: Nvidia Geforce Gtx 750 ti (4 years old)​
PSU: ULTRA ATX? 750W (4 years old)​
STORAGE: 2x WD Blue 1tb​
MOBO: m5a99fx pro r2.0​

I've ran memtest86 already for 4 hours (full 4 tests) and they all passed successfully. Overheating isn't the problem since my pc is always below 35C. All my drivers (I'm pretty sure) are updated. My bios is updated to the latest ver (from 2014).

There's also some few hard freezes that seem to happen from every like 2 weeks completely randomly..

I am suspecting of a driver issue (specifically related to the motherboard), or at least that is what I want to believe :(, Other than that, it might be my old (4 year) ULTRA psu.. although I've already tested using another PSU and it still crashed, EVEN THO that may be because of my incompatible network card (TPLINK) which driver's were only for WIN7 and it may have been causing problems alongside something else (I removed it and unistalled it's drivers).

PSU Note: all voltages seem to be fine on my bios.
CPU Note: my cpu has had a problem before of overheating (reaching >85C for somewhat* prolonged times) for about ~30 times (it seems tho that it survived the dark ages... I think it's fine right now since I bought a hyper evo 212 and it's always under 35C now)

Attachments

• SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip
    682.3 KB · Views: 285
  • W7F_05-02-2018.rar
    324.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Hey! something similar is actually happening to me: https://windowsforum.com/threads/bsod-black-screen-after-wake-up-from-sleep.233365/

AND! btw the UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION BSOD only came to happen to me after I updated to the latest windows (it was like a few days ago, or yesturday) I've been getting different BSODs, but that one only came after updating.. hope it helps.

EDIT: "Probably caused by : hardware_disk" was also reported by my bug check for that BSOD!

Last edited:
Hi,
unfortunately the dump file is corrupted and won't open. Just make sure your settings are this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Check for system corruption by running these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Please run a chkdsk scan:
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

If the bsod is proving stubborn to find you can run the driver verifier. In order to run the verifer you will also need a recovery disk/USB. This is just in case the verifier causes a blue screen loop on start up. If it does you can then use the recovery disk/usb to boot into the recovery console, enable safe mode and then turn the verifier off. Hopefully by that point the culprit will have been caught and written on the dump file.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive

Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

Please post any new dump file.

Hi,
unfortunately the dump file is corrupted and won't open. Just make sure your settings are this:
Open the run application.
Type sysdm.cpl in the run box and click ok.
Look across the top of the system properties box for 'Advanced' and click that.
Look for 'Startup and Recovery' near the bottom and click 'settings'.
Near the bottom you'll see a drop down menu under the heading 'write debugging information'.
In the drop down menu choose ' small memory dump (256KB)'
Under 'small dump directory' make sure it says %SystemRoot%\Minidump.
Click ok and your good to go.

Check for system corruption by running these scans:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Please run a chkdsk scan:
How to Fix Hard Drive Problems with Chkdsk in Windows 7, 8, and 10

If the bsod is proving stubborn to find you can run the driver verifier. In order to run the verifer you will also need a recovery disk/USB. This is just in case the verifier causes a blue screen loop on start up. If it does you can then use the recovery disk/usb to boot into the recovery console, enable safe mode and then turn the verifier off. Hopefully by that point the culprit will have been caught and written on the dump file.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4026852/windows-create-a-recovery-drive

Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista

Please post any new dump file.
Hello and thanks for trying to help! I have already performed sfc /scannow and dism /online /clean-up-image /restorehealth multiple times and no errors were found. I have also done the chkdsk for all drives and again, no errors. I'm going to use driver verifier and update ya.

Note: previous to this post, I have unistalled my Realtek Audio & Lan drivers trying to solve the issue, they are still uninstalled but it didn't solve anything.

Attachments

• W7F_06-02-2018.rar
    339.9 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Sounds good. No dump file was contained within your zip.

Sounds good. No dump file was contained within your zip.
I'm not sure if the application auto grabs the dumps files, but anyway.. It's interesting it seems something (or windows itself?) deleted my 2 minidump files (under Windows/minidump.. I'll intentionally put it to sleep and crash it and see if it generates it then upload it.

Back