Windows 10 BSOD Bugcheck code: 0x80 (0x4F4454, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)

Calby

Hi,
I have now rolled back to a known good backup but I still like to know why it BSOD.
I did install Kiwi (syslog server) and after that it did crash, like 20-30min after I did install Kiwi or something like that so I guess it was because of Kiwi or it was because of HP's update of iLO but that should not effect Windows, and I did install the iLO update yesterday.
But anyway I did rolleback before the iLO update also.
iLO is a Firmwire update for HPe, but I did install the update trough Windows.

This is according to WhoCrashed, but it don't say so much and I don't think it's a hardware issue as all of my hardware are reasonly checked.

Code:
On Mon 9/18/2017 12:23:15 PM your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\091817-6015-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: hal.dll (hal+0x3622E)
Bugcheck code: 0x80 (0x4F4454, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0)
Error: NMI_HARDWARE_FAILURE
file path: C:\Windows\system32\hal.dll
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a hardware malfunction has occurred.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

I have the mini dump file uploaded in a RAR-file.

Edit:
I have tried this whitout any errors:

Code:
C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan.  This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.
Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

Attachments

• 091817-6015-01.rar
    88 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
kup but I still like to know why it BSOD.
I did install Kiwi (syslog server) and after that it did crash, like 30min after or something like that so I guess it was becaue of that or it was because of HP's update of iLO but that should not effect Windows.
But anyway I did rolleback before the iLO update also.
These are usually due to hardware failures. Can you pull the AHS log and PM it to me, I wouldn't recommend posting it publicly.

HPE Support document - HPE Support Center

I have downloaded the AHS file now and I have PM you that file.

I did also notice this under "Integrated Management Log" in iLO
2JNwNr7.png

From the iLO log the device that it's alerting on is a PCi to PCI bridge. I'm going to look at the AHS log tonight.

With the help from Neemobeer I could pin-point the issue to a PCI-to-PCI bridge and I did contact HPe after I did upload some logfiles to them they decided to send me a replacement motherboard that are arriving tomorrow I hope.

Well this is strange, I did get this issue now on the replacement motherboard as well.
But the replacement motherboard did have some issues when I did receive it like that the iLO password did not work etc.

What I did when I did get the crash was that I did run the following command in power shell as admin as I needed to restart the networkcard.
restart-netadapter -name "vEthernet"

I'll call HP tomorrow regarding this.

Last edited:
The default ilo password should be on the device tag

I know, but I did report it directly to HPe when I did receive the motherboard so they did help me to reset the iLO password.
Let's hope it will get easy to get a new motherboard this time also I have collected all the information that I can think of.
Minidump files
MEOMRY.DMP file
dmp_analyzer
*.ahs file
IML error message

I think that it's the power supply it's the only thing that I can think of that can destroy two motherboards.

Do you think my RAM and CPU have gotten any damage? I have started the machine again as I need to extract some information from it and everything works as intended for now.

HP doesn't always send new parts. Sometimes they are refurb and I've gotten multiple bad boards from them. Power supplies don't usually damage anything; however, power surges and brown outs can if you don't have a decent surge protector / power conditioner (UPS) in place.

HP doesn't always send new parts. Sometimes they are refurb and I've gotten multiple bad boards from them. Power supplies don't usually damage anything; however, power surges and brown outs can if you don't have a decent surge protector / power conditioner (UPS) in place.

I have a second server on the same power plug so if it was a spike then it should have destroyed the other server too.
I also have a box / outlet that protects against spikes and thunder.

And I have not gotten any power issues here at home at all.
The only thing is that my wife did unplugg the outlet for the servers but as far as I understand that can’t give spikes.
And as nothing else is broken my guess it was a bad motherboard from HPe?

I did call HPe today and they did ask after AHS logfiles etc. so I did upload them to there server, so not I guess that I just need to wait.
I hope they will send me a new power supply and motherboard as the issue should be in the power supply or that the new motherboard was faulty the last time also.

I did speak with a guy that did not speak naitve swedish so I could not understand him all the time but I did e-mail him in english later on so I hope that he reads it.
Don't really understand why HPe are using personal that can't speak Swedish or English in a Swedish support, well let's hope for the best.

Back