Windows 7 BSOD CRASH PLEASE HELP!

smokysmoke

Here are my specs...

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 635 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 5 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series , 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 953766 MB, Free - 895675 MB; D: Total - 99 MB, Free - 76 MB; E: Total - 238371 MB, Free - 171659 MB;
Motherboard: MSI, 890FXA-GD70 (MS-7640) , 1.0, To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security

I have been getting blue screen of death latly and randomly mostly when i play games but can happen anytime, happens to me about 1-2 times a day.... i thought i fixed the problem but i guess not.. i thought it was before the extra usb 3.0 port that came with my mobo wasnt being recognized that would be the problem but i found drivers and it seems to be working fine now.

I am gunna run the windows memory dignostics just to make sure the ram is fine also. I have lots of fans and the temp is always good, i was thinking i should open it up clean it out and disconnect and reconnect just to be sure.

Please if anyone can help me figure out what the problem i would be forever greatful!

Here is the info i got from the BSOD:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8005563028
BCP3: 00000000B20F2000
BCP4: 0000000000000175
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121310-24460-01.dmp
C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43820-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?link...8&clcid=0x0409
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Attachments

• MiniDump.rar
    127.4 KB · Views: 211
Your last crash was caused by AVG. Uninstall through the Control Panel then run this Link Removed due to 404 Error in Safe Mode to clear up the remnants. Download and install Link Removed due to 404 Error(MSE) as its replacement.

You need to uninstall sptd.sys. To do this, uninstall Daemon Tools, Then download this installer/uninstaller to remove sptd.sys.

Someone with far more knowledge of Stop 0x124 errors will be along shortly!

Last edited:
thanks for the reply! hmmm i dont get why my AVG would act up for no reason? i just built this pc like 5-6 months ago so its still fairly new and i didnt have any problems with it crashing before untill rescently. but if thats what you beleive ill try it out and see what happens thanks.

AVG has a pretty poor reputation at the moment with Windows 7. Compounded by a recent update that made some PC's inoperable.

I'm no expert at the BSOD's, I'm learning. But I know you'll be asked to remove what I mentioned before, so we might as well beat the experts to it!!

There's an informative post about 0x124 errors here that would also be well worth a read.

Last edited:
alright well i uninstalled avg in safe mode with the program you gave me to use, and installing MS essentials now. i wanna remove daemon tools but i use it for iso's and other bootable images, do u know any safe programs to use since daemon tools is not good to use and i gotta get ride of sptd.sys?

Please follow my signature. And Elmer is also correct about AVG needing to be removed in safe mode with its removal tool. Reboot and install MSE to replace.

PowerISO should be installed to replace Daemon Tools.

Update your wireless adapter driver from the manufacturer's site:

netr28ux netr28ux.sys Wed Feb 25 21:49:17 2009

Last edited:
ok i have uninstalled AVG and installed MS Essentials. and i currently just uninstalled daemon tolols then using the spd remover.

Here are the pictures of CPU-Z as needed. thanks

Attachments

• CPUZ-SPD.jpg
    CPUZ-SPD.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 456
  • CPUZ-Memory.jpg
    CPUZ-Memory.jpg
    236.3 KB · Views: 414
ok done that, attacked the 2 photos to my last message. it just seems weird i duno how daemon tools or avg can cause bsod? not only that but it seems more when i play BFBC2 online atfer playing for 10-15mins i get it everytime, i did a OCCT stress test and when i run that and it pressured the cpu then i get the BSOD as well. and my pc is only 4 months old that i built myself, not dirty in side and i also took the cpu out and put some fresh paste on the cpu as well. thanks for the help so far guys! i hope i can figure this out

Memory is set well in the bios. Hopefully you have already taken care of the issues and things are well. Good luck.

so you think everything should be good and no more BSOD? if so THANKS! but ill let you know if i get it again

well its been about 2 days? NO BLUE SCREEN SO FAR! thanks alot for the help! you guys are the best!

WooHoo! My first official time of poking my nose in, giving advice, and it helped/worked!!

Glad things now running COOL. Now, put BFBC2 to bed and go get a life!!! :p :))

You definitely handled this thread as one, from removal to replacement advice. Quite the feat for the first time...congrats!
Thanks TG, I gotta learn the cpu tabs yet, one step at a time though!!

Back
Top Bottom