Windows 7 BSOD when playing games

jcheung87

Hi guys I have been getting this BSOD for the past 2 weeks now and it has become really frustrating. It usually comes when I am playing video games. I have tried lowering the settings but it still crashes. Also I tested each ram and they each tested out fine...Any help/advice I can get would be greatly appreciated because I cannot seem to figure out what is wrong. Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if this is the right file but here is the minidump file.View attachment 030311-19780-01.dmp
If there any other info you need me to supply about these crashes please let me know...Thanks again.

Hi

I ran your your dump file through "Who Crashed" software and the following is what it says.

On Fri 3/4/2011 4:00:46 AM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\030311-19780-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x89F09)
Bugcheck code: 0xC5 (0xFFFFF80022E5BDA0, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002DFF773)
Error: DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL

file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System

company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that the system attempted to access invalid memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time.

Hope this helps...

Basher

Thanks for responding! Would a clean install solve the problem of the faulty driver? I can't really pinpoint where the driver would be... If it helps these are my specs...thanks again!

Intel Core i7 CPU 2.67 GHz
XFX ATI Radeon HD 4870
GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
OCZ Gold 6GB (3 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Low Voltage Desktop Memory Model OCZ3G1600LV6GK
PC Power and Cooling S75QB Silencer 750W Quad Power Supply

jcheung87:
Hello and welcome to the forums.
I've moved your thread to the BSOD forum, hopefully this will attract some attention from our resident BSOD experts.
Please refer to and do your best to comply with the following three links to the sticky posts in the root of the BSOD forum.
SF Diagnostic Tool
Important! Every thread starter please see.
How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

If you have any problem with these please post back and we will attempt to advise you further. Make sure you pay particular attention to the instructions regarding compressing these file before uploading as well as taking ownership of the dump folder if you have problems accessing these files.

I have updated my video card driver and it still crashes...I also went through the link you posted and my report passed everything and it seems normal. I seem to get 2 different msgs sometimes when I crash and get the BSOD, I get that one and a non_page_fault error. I've also attached the mini dump for that also. Thanks again for helping.

Attachments

• 030511-19032-01.dmp
    256 KB · Views: 319
Back