Windows 8 BSOD while converting videos

brkkab

Excellent Member
I've had 2 bsod's while converting videos. I've got the most recent NVidia 332.21 display driver's which were released some time yesterday. Here are my 2 minidumps.

Attachments

• 010814-12578-01.zip
    24.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 010814-19312-01.zip
    28.1 KB · Views: 241
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {5003, fffff58010804000, a2fd, 9bca00145fb}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+6327 )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
the bugcheck 1A means this:
The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bug check has a value of 0x0000001A. This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
However this can also be caused by a driver or app and I wonder if the converter your using may be to blame? Might be worth either updating it or maybe a re-install.
I'll go through your driver stack and highlight what, if anything, needs updating:

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 02:17:35 2012: Asus Charger Driver Likely BSOD cause. Please remove to test.

amd_sata.sys Mon Sep 17 09:40:39 2012 SATA Storage driver Please update via website:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/#support

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 16:46:33 2011: ASUS USB Hub filter driver. Please update via website:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_990FX_R20/#support

iaStorV.sys Mon Apr 11 19:48:16 2011: Intel Matrix Storage Manager driver. Please update:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Se...="Intel+Rapid+Storage+Technology+(Intel+RST)"

LHidFilt.Sys Fri Feb 29 10:08:27 2008
LMouFilt.Sys Fri Feb 29 10:08:31 2008: Logitech Setpoint drivers. Please update if possible:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support

Nvidia storage drivers?
nvraid.sys Tue Sep 13 01:01:54 2011
nvstor.sys Tue Sep 13 00:53:04 2011

SiS Storage drivers?
SiSRaid2.sys Wed Sep 24 19:28:20 2008
sisraid4.sys Wed Oct 01 22:56:04 2008

Promise RAID driver?
stexstor.sys Tue Nov 27 00:02:51 2012
Is all the above needed?

usbfilter.sys Wed Aug 29 02:27:12 2012: AMD chipset drivers. Please update:
http://support.amd.com/en-us

wstbtndb.sys Mon Dec 18 02:36:09 2006: ThinkPad Tablet Keyboard and Buttons HID Driver from Lenovo. Do you actually need this?

Also please run memtest86 just to make sure the memory is ok:
http://www.memtest.org/

Please post any new bsod files.

I only have Logitech wired keyboard/mouse , Logitech 5.1 speakers and a Logitech webcam. Should I even have the set-point one ? I shouldn't have anything Intel either. My desktop is AMD based. The NVidia driver's were just put out yesterday. I installed them last night night ( custom with it removing old one's). I don't remember installing any raid driver's. I've never used raid. 1 ssd./1 hdd. Will do, now that my mouse just arrived for my notebook. I'll run memtest86+ and check out the driver's in the morning. I need to go eat and then get some sleep.

I'll go through the drivers later on today. Memtest86+ will probably be Friday or Saturday some time. I've got to take it easy lifting wise do to various kidney problems at the moment. Desktop is kind of cluttered, so may just turn it off and unplug/move external hd's and just pop side panel off and unhook ram stick's one at a time the easy way.

OK, I just re-did the driver's. All the Asus/Asmedia one's were the same I already had. PerfectUpdater found a newer Asmedia SATA one that Asus didn't have. Did the Logitech SetPoint (only cover's my usb mouse). It shows my ps2 keyboard as Windows 8.1/Microsoft having installed the driver. I did the Intel one (wondering if Samsung Magician originally did it for my ssd). The raid ones don't detect anything. As I said 1 ssd/1 hdd/1 usb 3.0 external hd. Not currently using my old eSATA/usb 2.0 external hd. May use it for my notebook later on. As far as Memtest, how I do I get it to run now ? This mobo has uefi, old one it replaced had bios.

IMO...your first mistake is trusting these so called driver updating software. They do more harm then good. The best way and the recommended way is to always download drivers directly from the vendors website for each piece of hardware. Not just drivers that the mobo manufacturer supplies, as some of those might be outdated for the OS one has installed.

As for the logitech setpoint software, it's only needed for the older legacy keyboards, as I have a Logitech G510 Gaming keyboard it's not needed. It has it's on driver/software. As you don't list the exact make and model of you Logitech devices...the drivers you have may very well be the wrong ones.

To run Memtest you need to burn it to disk or usb and then boot from it.

Looking at Logitech's website...the PS2 keyboard is only compatible up to windows 7. The usb mouse is has the setpoint software, but did you download the full install .exe for 64 bit? Personally, I'd start looking into an new keyboard and mouse, ones that are designed to work with windows 8.

As for the continual BSOD, keep following Kemical's advice, he'll get you sorted.

Memtest86+ 5.01 didn't find any error's with my ram. I let it run through twice. I'm also waiting to here back from Pavtube's support. I heard back from them once. Now, I'm just waiting for their programmer's to go through Pavtube Video Convertor Ultimate 4.5.0.5225's log file's and get back to me. That's the program getting the bsod's. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and I got another bsod while converting a Blu-ray for streaming to my Xbox 360.

Last edited:
Have you tried running the convertor in either compatibility or admin mode?

Yeah, I forgot about having to have it in Compatibility as Administrator for Windows 7. I changed that last night and tried it again. It still bsod'd.

Have you thought about trying a different convertor? If it still bsods then you know the issue isn't to do with the actual app.

Yeah, I tried AnyDVD HD and Handbrake for the only blu-ray I had left to do. It worked fine. I did a clean install of 8.1 on my notebook Saturday and 8.1 Pro w/Media Center on this pc, Sunday. Had issue's where the notebook could see the desktop's HomeGroup, but couldn't join it. Re-install on both solved that one. For the hell of it, one day this week I'll try the Pavtube Video Convertor again after the clean install. I'm wondering if System Mechanic 12.5 or Bitdefender Internet Security 2014 caused the HomeGroup issue. Both were on both pc's. Haven't re-installed them on either yet. Later tonight, I'm going to do a system image on both. Then I'll try each separately on each pc to see how thing's go.

Ok, sounds like your at least getting somewhere with this issue.. Good job! :)

BitDefender Internet Security 2014 doesn't seem to be the issue causer. HomeGroup still work's now with it on both pc's. System Mechanic won't activate now, so I'm waiting to hear back from Iolo's support.

Back