BSODs, IRQL, Bad pool header, and more.

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Elbasunu, Jul 13, 2010.

1. Elbasunu

Elbasunu New Member

Still crashing. Most often due to System_Service_Exception. Here's some dumps, but at this point, I'm not sure what else is useful in there.

View attachment Dumps.zip

2. TorrentG

TorrentG Banned

I'd suspect RAM at this point. I would test each individual module one at a time and with multiple passes using Memtest86+. If any show even one error, it is the problem then.

Before doing so, make sure there is absolutely no overclocking going on. If there is, then this is the reason.

One thing even before that to try would definitely be to uninstall AMD overdrive. AODDriver2.sys keeps on showing as an uloaded module for some reason. I'd like to see that off the system.
    Even going to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to rename it to AODDriver2.BAK and rebooting will stop it from being loaded.

#22 TorrentG, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2010
  3. w7pro

w7pro Banned

Hi Elbasunu,

Do you still have the same crashing issue? You can check your system for software or hardware compatibility using the Windows 7 Compatibility Center. Download the Upgrade Advisor (which scans your machine for compatibility issues), or find updated drivers that address compatibility issues. The site is at FAQ on Windows 7 Compatibility Center: Hardware Devices & Software Programs: Drivers, Updates, Downloads.

Ahmad AA
    Windows 7 Professional Outreach Team

4. Elbasunu

Elbasunu New Member

At this point I replaced the RAM, but was still getting errors, so I updated the BIOS again, let memtest run overnight and no errors so far.

I'm cautiously optimistic, but also a little peeved if the issue WASN'T my ram.

Anymore crashes and I'm getting a new mobo.

5. Elbasunu

Elbasunu New Member

I hate to rez this thread, but I just wanted to update that even after replacing the ram, I was still having BSOD's. I checked my PSU which was lower than I thought, at 430w, so I purchased a new Antec 650w PSU. This didn't fix the issue either, but it was still a needed upgrade, IMO.

I'm RMA'ing for a board replacement with ASUS, and I I'll update from there.

What really troubles me is when my whole computer crashes during memtest86+. I'm going to see if I can re-produce this on a by test basis. Like, if a specific test causes the issue.

@w7pro: I would love it if this were a software issue, but I can't for the life of me peg it down. I've tried several fresh installs, and written my drive to zeroes. At this point, I'm pretty sure it's hardware.

6. zigzag3143

zigzag3143 Honorable Member
    Microsoft MVP

If your rig crashes during memtest it is either ram or mobo slot so you probably need to test that too. I assume you did run memtest outside of windows correct?

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Ken J