Windows 7 Cannot pin to taskbar

Commander_Cool

Hi, it used to be I had Winamp installed and the shortcut to it pinned to the taskbar. Then, for various reasons I uninstalled then reinstalled Winamp.

Now I cannot, try as I might, pin the shortcut back to the taskbar. I get either a red circle with a diagonal band, like a traffic sign, or else the shortcut 'slips under the taskbar'.

Please anybody, what am I doing wrong? I managed it before...:(

Thank you.

Pleasure seeing you again ;)
There is a more complicated way of doing it that should work. Try it:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Also, run Command Prompt as an admin and type "sfc /scannow" which will search for integrity violations.

Pleasure seeing you again ;)
There is a more complicated way of doing it that should work. Try it:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Also, run Command Prompt as an admin and type "sfc /scannow" which will search for integrity violations.

Hi Mitch old friend, a pleasure seeing you too! Now, if I can use your suggestions there is, as per usual, a rep point there.

Guess what - now the Help & Support doesn't start, and that's a prerequisite for following the tip you provided. This just gets better and better. The scan found some corruption among the system files, though.
You know, I feel crabby today - I think I'll go read a book before something else gives out.
Seeyabye.

Right click Winamp shortcut --> Pin to taskbar.
If no luck, right click winamp.exe --> Pin to taskbar.

If still no luck, do this:

1. Right click Winamp shortcut and copy its full path.
2. Pin notepad to taskbar.
3. Right click the notepad pinned --> properties --> insert the winamp.exe file path that you copied in step 1.
4. Reboot.

Yet another way.
Go to the Winamp folder and click the .exe from there. Now right click the thumbnail and see if you can pin it.

Back