Windows 7 Can't connect to router but in XP i can

anttiana

I need help badly, my wlan usb adapter can't connect to my router, but when I try it on XP (dual boot) it connects fine, it says it can't find network but in XP the signal strength is v. good. I'm using windows 7 professional 64-bit, i just installed it a day ago, i can connect thru wire. Taking the adapter off and plugging it back doesn't do anything.

This is the adapter: Sitecom - Productdetails Page - Wireless USB Adapter 300N - WL-302

I need help badly, my wlan usb adapter can't connect to my router, but when I try it on XP (dual boot) it connects fine, it says it can't find network but in XP the signal strength is v. good. I'm using windows 7 professional 64-bit, i just installed it a day ago, i can connect thru wire. Taking the adapter off and plugging it back doesn't do anything.

This is the adapter: Sitecom - Productdetails Page - Wireless USB Adapter 300N - WL-302

did windows install the driver or have you downloaded and installed the vista 64 driver ?

You might need to reset your router. Stick a paper clip into the little hole in the back. I had to do that to get a new laptop to connect once. You will probably have to delete the faulty connection in W7 and start over.

Back