Windows 7 chkdsk not running

Princy557

Hi
I have an unspecified error 766f6c756d652e63 3f1 (yes there is a gap before the 3f1)

I have tried and tried, but the above error occurs.

Have tried various suggestions.

HDD is C: drive NTFS system.

Any suggestions please

Regards

Princy557

Additional Info:
Reason I'm worried is that sfc /scanow returned nothing, but windows backup returned quite a few lines similar to the following....
Windows Backup skipped C:\Users\xxxxx\Documents because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped c:\Users\Public\videos because is it on corrupted drive C:\.
Windows Backup skipped c:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\LocalLow because is it on corrupted drive C:\.

and yes it is the way it wrote it.......' is it on..."

Last edited by a moderator:
It may be that disk corruption has affected chkdsk itself - try this utility:

Active@ Hard Disk Monitor Freeware. SMART & HDD usage control.

It has a good range of functions and features - you may find the disk scan function particularly useful.

Thanks for the feedback there, I installed it and its done whatever it does and it's sitting on Green, with no errors showing up.

I need to change one word from my original message unexpected should read unspecified.

The fault is still there.

Regards

Have you tried running chkdsk from the Windows Recovery Environment, command prompt?

If you were to boot to the DVD and use the command prompt, it might allow the check to finish.

YES

Ran it on all drives. only thing outstanding is one drive which is quite full 1Tb with .95Tb on it..
Regards

Have you tried running chkdsk from the Windows Recovery Environment, command prompt?

If you were to boot to the DVD and use the command prompt, it might allow the check to finish.

Now I have a problem there, my system repair disc is currently lost... I put it safe, but damned if I can find it.

So what would my next step be?

Regards

Back