Windows 10 Connection Status Utility?

Did you click on the arrow, it's not an "always show" notification icon unless you drag it out.

i get the input box, taskbar icon, task manager and profile store on my Windows 10 home laptop if that helps at all... cann't see w7 blocking it unless the firewall jumped in?
Screenshot (149).png
Screenshot (151).png
Screenshot (152).png

I will try again. But no message for me. Briefly shows the blue icon, then closes. By the time I open Task Manager it is long gone.

I just tested it in a Win 7 VM and it works fine. Do you have AV running and is that blocking it?
netstat_Win7.png

Downloaded again. Old NetStatus was running. Showed in Task Manager. Ended that, tried new, never even showed in task manager.

Rebooting now. I have it set to run with Windows.......

Same Opens, closes. Never even makes it to Task Manager.

Let me look in event viewer.....

Faulting application name: NetStatus.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x57706b8f
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10586.306, time stamp: 0x571afb9a
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000bdae8
Faulting process id: 0x22a0
Faulting application start time: 0x01d1d03049b898ed
Faulting application path: C:\Win 10 Software & Utilities\NetStatus.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: f202506f-8f1e-4c73-a44f-36efa460af87
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: NetStatus.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(System.ExceptionArgument, System.ExceptionResource)
at NetStatus.FMain.GetActiveNetworkInterfaces()
at NetStatus.FMain..ctor()
at NetStatus.Program.Main()

Off to find 4.5

~Bob

I think I have an idea whats wrong, but it's late and I have work tomorrow. So another day.

press [windows key] + [x] then press [f] and the 'turn windows features on or off' ... networks can be added from there
Screenshot (153).png

Just as a test, go into your network adapter and disable IPv6 and try running the program again. I believe it's failed on converting the gateway ip address which means it's to large to fit in an uint, which means it's probably an IPv6 address.

All of .Net to 4.6 is activated.

IPV6 is enabled and working properly on my machine. Let's see if I disable....

Yup. exactly right. New build now works. I entered a name for the MAC address, however and it did not take all of it. Is that editable?

Renabled IPV6 and it failed again. Good call.

You would need to manually edit the profiles file. C:\ProgramData\Neemobeer\NetStatus\Profiles.inf

Is there a character limit? No spaces? Need underscores? Right now it stops after 10 characters. The eleventh is a space.

Hey Neemo;
That's a very cool little App you wrote there! :D I just installed it on one of my W10 laptops. Very nice! :cool: Thanks Rebop for requesting this!:) I have some little desktop gadgets for this from W8 gadgets & W10 gadgets, but they just show me how many bars the connection gets out of a possible 5 bars (like on your cell. phone), and the SSID name. This is cool because you get the SSID name, IP address, adapter type, and the Link speed. I think it will be very useful for troubleshooting customer networks, which is something I do almost daily.

I'll put in on my netbook too, and take with when next I'm out visiting Client sites and let you know how it works. Nice job! :up:

Thanks,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Back