Windows 8 Consumer Preview Download

And, in keeping w/ Ted's words...

Means we can hold a guiding light & lend a hand for others

Learn it & Like it are both 'L' words... coincidence?

Oh, geeez, I crack me up, (lol)

If you want Win 8 to stay the same as Win 7 then just stay with Win 7. Do not change to Win 8. Those of us actively using Win 8 CP and finding it surprisingly easy to use, and getting easier each day, are glad it is different for the great advances we are seeing.

Well all of the versions of Windows that were ever made from Windows NT,Windows 95 to Windows 7,have all had a start menu.

The Classic Windows 98 start menu is not as nice or as user friendly as the Windows XP and Windows 7 start menu. But it's a start menu and it's a means of finding all of your programs and settings quickly.

Even on Linux and more complicated versions like Ubuntu,they have a start menu. So why should Windows 8 be different?

Unless they make Windows 8 with a normal start menu. Or give us the option to disable Metro and have a Windows 7 start menu. Like they did in the DP. Then I will never use Windows 8 or buy the operating system. For the simple reason,I cannot use it like that.

And why should I have to use the Metro theme anyway?

Although the Metro theme on Windows 8 DP was more user friendly than on CP. And also I had the Windows XP start menu that I could use in the Metro theme. As well as with the Metro theme turned off. Thanks to Classic Shell,which does not work at all on CP. The Metro apps did not work on my netbook.So it was all pointless, and so it made sense to disable the Metro theme. Which I did do.

And not being able to use the Metro apps is not the end of the world, as you can still use all of the other settings and software anyway.

But the Metro theme was not the only problem I had on Windows 8 CP. It was slow and there was a bug in Windows Explorer with the ribbon. And it froze my mouse up so I could not send shortcuts to the desktop.

And installing all of the updates from Windows Update did not fix it.

Windows 8 DP was very much like Windows 7 and Windows Vista.Once you disabled the Metro theme. But Windows 8 CP is completely the opposite to what DP was. They should have just made CP the same as DP.

And they have removed the start orb. Why have they done that? Andrea Borman.

Please stop with the Start Orb already. You have that in the other thread and beat it to death. If you want Win 8 to be just like Win 7, then stick with Win 7.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please stop with the Start Orb already. You have that in the other thread and beat it to death. If you want Win 8 to be just like Win 7, then stick with Win 7.

Read the latest Windows Secrets Newsletter. This question will be answered, at least to my satisfaction.

Where is the link to the newsletter?

But that's just it. Microsoft are thinking of putting secure boot on all new Windows 8 computers and laptops. Meaning WE WON'T be able to install other operating systems,not even Windows 7 or Windows XP.

So if that happens we are going to have a problem. Andrea Borman.

That option can not be implemented, unless Microsoft decides to go and make themselves their own computer brand like apple. The secure boot can be disabled from BIOS, and more so it's very unlikely that microsoft won't allow the installation of one of their own other OS's.

just finished downloading windows 8 consumer preview 32 bit which was 2.5 gb. now time to install :p

Vaseer, just so you know/are aware... you are adding fuel to the fire.
Well he will find out like I did that he won't be able to use it. Windows 8 CP is-THE OPERATING SYSTEM THAT NOBODY CAN USE. And it sure does live up to it's new name. Andrea Borman.

I am using Win 8 CP 64 Bit pretty much fully time for everything, including all my email and banking needs without a problem. I did have to change PDF viewers (not to Adobe, but to Foxit Reader) to see my PDFs in IE 10. My normal PDF reader (PDF-Xchange Viewer would open PDFs fine, but would not work with IE 10)

It actually connects with the other PCs on my home network better than my Win 7 OS (I do not know why I have problems with Win 7 at times).

I very much like Win 8 CP so far and DO NOT miss the Start Orb at all. I thought I would, but do not.

I am using Win 8 CP 64 Bit pretty much fully time for everything, including all my email and banking needs without a problem. I did have to change PDF viewers (not to Adobe, but to Foxit Reader) to see my PDFs in IE 10. My normal PDF reader (PDF-Xchange Viewer would open PDFs fine, but would not work with IE 10)

It actually connects with the other PCs on my home network better than my Win 7 OS (I do not know why I have problems with Win 7 at times).

I very much like Win 8 CP so far and DO NOT miss the Start Orb at all. I thought I would, but do not.

But how can you use it with no start menu? Yes you could install V Start to give you both the start orb and the Windows 7 start menu. But then there are the other problems.You have still got the Metro theme, because you cannot disable it like you could on Windows 8 DP. And then it is very very slow and crashes. The ribbon in Windows Explorer freezes your mouse.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview should be called WINDOWS 8 NIGHTMARES PREVIEW. Because being stuck with Windows 8 CP with no start menu and the Metro theme is our worst nightmare.

If this goes out on sale most people including me will not be able to use a computer any more. Andrea Borman.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been explained numerous times try reading them instead of posting your nonstop rants. You're little more than a troll with your endless posts. Good members have left these forums because they got sick of your spouting junk.
Joe

It's been explained numerous times try reading them instead of posting your nonstop rants. You're little more than a troll with your endless posts. Good members have left these forums because they got sick of your spouting junk.
Joe
Well I don't know of any members that have left the forums. As far as I know, I am still getting replies. And having conversations with members of both forums that I know or who know me. Andrea Borman.

Joe, I have gone into my General Settings and set my Ignore List

Ignore List.jpg

Now this is all I get of her posts. Very nice!

Ignore List2.jpg

I did the same a while ago. I just wish posters would stop feeding her, as, with the ignore operating, the threads sometimes look a bit disjointed!

But how can you use it with no start menu? Yes you could install V Start to give you both the start orb and the Windows 7 start menu. But then there are the other problems.You have still got the Metro theme, because you cannot disable it like you could on Windows 8 DP. And then it is very very slow and crashes. The ribbon in Windows Explorer freezes your mouse.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview should be called WINDOWS 8 NIGHTMARE PREVIEW. Because being stuck with Windows 8 CP with no start menu and the Metro theme is our worst nightmare.

If this goes out on sale most people including me will not be able to use a computer any more. Andrea Borman.
In that case, I hope that it's released this week, so that "you will not be able to use a computer any more". Then, we won't have to hear this crap.

New members comes to these type of forums looking for support & sees this kind of nonsense, and goes elsewhere in search of a place not full of this BS. Honestly, I can't say that I blame them.

Cat

Cat, if you're not going to just put her on ignore... don't copy her boring rattle... some of us enjoy not reading her tiring rubbish, thanks. Bad enough we are losing Members, w/out the rest of us having to read her junk.

The only point, from her previous posts, where I am inclined to agree with her. Are we losing members or, more to the point, because of her posts. Anyway, in support of Drew. My "ignore", is not working as planned, as other members are quoting her in entirety - which I can see! B**ger

Back
Top Bottom