Windows 7 created Windows 7 installation disc not working anymore

Andrew Forbes

Hello, I have a Windows 7 installation disc that I created. It has worked in the past because I have Windows 7 running on this computer now. I wanted to reformat but disc is not booting. Have gone into Bios and checked that, 1 as DVD, 2 as HDD no probs seemingly there. I have also tried it on another laptop with the same result. I wonder if anyone has a similar disc that they can post me a screenshot of the files so I can check that somehow one has not been removed? It is on a re-recordable. Thanks very much, Andy

Hello and welcome to win7forums. : )

Andrew Forbes said:
Hello, I have a Windows 7 installation disc that I created.

Is your primary boot device in bios set to your DVD drive? Exactly how did you create your Windows 7 DVD that doesn't boot now ?

I know of these ways to burn a bootable installation disk:

1. Simply copy the disk (Alcohol 120%, ImgBurn, Burnaware, etc.)
2. Burn the large 7 image file (which has the boot sector on it)
3. Edit the bootable image adding custom folders to it, and then burn it (UltraISO)
4. Use software like Nero or vLite, complicated enough.

I created the disc using windows vista software. As I said it has worked, twice, but now it seems not to. The boot menu is set correctly. It is a copied disc (ssshh). Tried to insert an image but looks quite small...
Capture.PNG

If this is a copied disc then it is an illegally made copy of Windows 7 and support is not given for illegal copies of Windows 7.. ;)

I have met the same problem. when I tried to record it, It always remind me that the disk is not blank. I reformat the rewritabe disk many times but still never worked. Strange!

I created the disc using windows vista software. As I said it has worked, twice, but now it seems not to. The boot menu is set correctly. It is a copied disc (ssshh). Tried to insert an image but looks quite small...
View attachment 6621

Your picture shows that you added your custom folder, and then likely you did not burn the boot sector which is so much needed for a dvd to be bootable. Let me ask you again: exactly how did you burn this disk? "Using Windows Vista software" can mean different things. If you simply copied files and folders through windows explorer, then this is the problem as windows explorer does not copy the boot sector.

If you can boot from other bootable dvd's but this one, then most likely you didn't burn it right.

I suggest you use Ultra ISO to create a bootable ISO image file of your genuine bootable dvd, then open this image with Ultra ISO, add your custom folder(s) you want on disk, and save the modified image. This way the new image will keep the boot sector. Finally burn this image to dvd.

You might try using RT Seven Lite Link Removed - Invalid URL. I've been experimenting with Windows updates. It seems to work when I've tested on VMware workstation. When you burn a disk use low speed 4X or less.
Joe

As Radenight says!
Your post, quote " It is a copied disc (ssshh). "

This implies ir is not from legal sources??

As Radenight says!
Your post, quote " It is a copied disc (ssshh). "

This implies it is not from legal sources??
Help is not normally given on the site for other than legit software.

Back