Windows 10 Desktop resolution issue

AMD has released the Crimson ReLive Edition 17.11.3 RX Vega Hotfix driver for the RX Vega series on Windows 7 and 10.
Good morning, the resolution on my Desk top PC is horrible, it's expanded, wide and looks crazy. I attempted to update my ATI Radeon HD 4200 but it says all the drivers are up to date. I use movie maker live and it gives an error message of update video drivers.. can someone help me to resolve this?

Hi Annette,
I guess you have already tried right clicking on the desktop and going through the display settings?

Unfortunately your graphics card is now considered by AMD to be legacy:
ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization in October, 2013.

No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

The last operating system supported using the AMD drivers was Microsoft Windows® 8 with the AMD Catalyst 13.1 driver package, which can be downloaded from the AMD Driver page : Download Drivers

Driver support for these products under Windows® 8.1 and Windows® 10 is only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update to allow it to automatically detect and install display driver version 8.970.100.9001

If your system is equipped with one of these products, you may consider the following options:

• Continue using the last operating system that fully supported your graphics card.
    • Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com
      • NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:
        • Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot
        • Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements
        • Display with compatible connections

Ref: Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and older Series

You can find a link to legacy driver in the quote above:

Use something the Display driver uninstaller or DDU to remove the driver in safe mode. This removes any corruption which may have been left by previous installs:
Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) V17.0.7.9 Released. - Wagnardsoft Forum

Remember to when using the DDU to right click it and run as administrator (in safe mode)

If this is in fact a desktop with a regular monitor, it wouldn't hurt to press the auto button on the monitor. This should set it to optimal settings as sometimes the monitor can be misconfigured.

Back